Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What the hell is going on?
leeselee

RE: What the hell is going on?

(13-06-2012 10:28am)Straydox Wrote:  Chiggy is absolutely right Leeselee - all I have done is explained what the internal structure of a typical dealer is like. It's a people thing and if you don't like/can't get on with the people in the dealer then don't buy a car there - imagine what the aftersales service will be like?

DP is busy until this afternoon.

I think until we speak to the DP I am not going to make any rash decisions.

I really do appreciate the feedback and opinions. It helps in decision making (I have changed my spec four times already).

Aftersales is not the same department. I will not taint an entire dealership with the same opinion I have of the salesman.

My salesman in Mercedes this time was SO bad he got fired not long after me taking delivery (nothing to do with me - after the first conversation I dealt exclusively with the business manager), my aftersales was great and the servicing department is second to none - if I liked and wanted to spend the cost of their 4x4 - I would jump at it. But their 4x4 is SO UGLY).
My husband's salesman (Mercedes) last time and two years later this time were fabulous.

I am three months down in a waiting list of six months or more.

Driving several hundred miles to get a car no problem.

Getting the exact car I want is important to me. I want the spec I want, I do not want to comprimise.

I will have to look at car hire for the time inbetween giving mine back in September and getting an Evoque - where and what to get will be a whole other challenge!
13-06-2012 11:16am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
leeselee

well, the DP called and was delightful. very nice. very apologetic

they have no idea of allocations at present.

so now I am not angry. just depressed

well at least the sun is shining......
13-06-2012 04:50pm
Rossy100

What the hell is going on?

Communications aside (and I completely agree with your points)....... Unfortunately this is a waiting game and no matter what you do or say, the delivery date is simply a function of number of orders, allocation slots, and build times. None of these can be controlled by the dealer, and the actual allocation of a slot for your car will be done systematically in order (and not by the salesman). The role of the salesman should be to manage expectations and keep you informed. I had at least monthly calls where I was usually told where I now was in the queue. To be fair, when I ordered in November I was told (with no firm commitment) that delivery would be around June..... And that has held true (picking up Friday). I can only imagine though that that was as much luck as accurate forecasting as another dealer tried to persuade me at the time that my dealer was being over ambitious and delivery would in no way be before August.

I also tend to find email a much better form of communication, as it is harder for them to ignore, and the communication trail is then documented.

Final point is that LR do not help with this as there seems to be as much mystery in how they communicate wit the dealers as there is from the dealer to the customer. E.g. Not knowing build allocations or delivery times once car built (they just turn up!), or even down to when the factory is open or closed........... During the bank holidays last week I was told different things by different people (Halewood closed all week, only closed Mon/Tues, not closed at all...... ). To try and empathise a little with the dealer, this must be a frustrating experience for them also.

I know this isn't particularly comforting, but you should know that you are in no way alone feeling the stress of all this!!
13-06-2012 05:12pm
leeselee

(13-06-2012 05:12pm)Rossy100 Wrote:  Communications aside (and I completely agree with your points)....... Unfortunately this is a waiting game and no matter what you do or say, the delivery date is simply a function of number of orders, allocation slots, and build times. None of these can be controlled by the dealer, and the actual allocation of a slot for your car will be done systematically in order (and not by the salesman). The role of the salesman should be to manage expectations and keep you informed. I had at least monthly calls where I was usually told where I now was in the queue. To be fair, when I ordered in November I was told (with no firm commitment) that delivery would be around June..... And that has held true (picking up Friday). I can only imagine though that that was as much luck as accurate forecasting as another dealer tried to persuade me at the time that my dealer was being over ambitious and delivery would in no way be before August.

I also tend to find email a much better form of communication, as it is harder for them to ignore, and the communication trail is then documented.

Final point is that LR do not help with this as there seems to be as much mystery in how they communicate wit the dealers as there is from the dealer to the customer. E.g. Not knowing build allocations or delivery times once car built (they just turn up!), or even down to when the factory is open or closed........... During the bank holidays last week I was told different things by different people (Halewood closed all week, only closed Mon/Tues, not closed at all...... ). To try and empathise a little with the dealer, this must be a frustrating experience for them also.

I know this isn't particularly comforting, but you should know that you are in no way alone feeling the stress of all this!!

thanks, I appreciate te reply.

I agree with most of what everyone has said

I will just sit tight and look into hire cars around September time.

it better be worth it in the end LOL!
13-06-2012 06:14pm