Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What Extras as standard?
Big G

What Extras as standard?

In previous cars I've got breakdown kit - triangle, hi-glow jacket, plus medical pack, fire extinguisher etc.

Could someone confirm what if any of the above comes with the Evoque - thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
26-01-2012 03:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: What Extras as standard?

I spent ages looking for all those items in the car and guess what - LR are too tight to include any of them!! First car I've ever had that didn't have at least warning triangle and first aid kit.

I would suggest buying your own though as LR parts are a ripoff - they charge something ridiculous like £100 for the same fire extinguisher you can buy for £20 elsewhere!
26-01-2012 03:36pm
Big G

(26-01-2012 03:36pm)WB Wrote:  I spent ages looking for all those items in the car and guess what - LR are too tight to include any of them!! First car I've ever had that didn't have at least warning triangle and first aid kit.

I would suggest buying your own though as LR parts are a ripoff - they charge something ridiculous like £100 for the same fire extinguisher you can buy for £20 elsewhere!

Wow - and thanks, thats a bit tight for €60K ! Looks like Argos and others will be on my list. Might do some research and see where's the best places on line to get these.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
26-01-2012 04:21pm
WB
WB

(26-01-2012 04:21pm)Big G Wrote:  Wow - and thanks, thats a bit tight for €60K ! Looks like Argos and others will be on my list. Might do some research and see where's the best places on line to get these.

Ebay for warning triangles - be sure to get one that fits in the warning triangle shaped slot in the boot! Ikea for hi-viz jackets and amazon for fire extinguishers... I had a spare first aid kit already
26-01-2012 04:51pm
J77

I got all of that, but that was only because I went for the pureguard.

Sorry no fire extinguisher

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 05:22pm by J77.)
26-01-2012 05:21pm
DT

Just a thought but do you think that having gone to an awful lot of trouble to use lightweight materials
in an effort to increase the cars green credentials that it would defeat the objective to add all of these items? There are none of these in my Vogue either so I don't think it's about cost.
26-01-2012 06:09pm
WB
WB

(26-01-2012 06:09pm)DT Wrote:  Just a thought but do you think that having gone to an awful lot of trouble to use lightweight materials
in an effort to increase the cars green credentials that it would defeat the objective to add all of these items? There are none of these in my Vogue either so I don't think it's about cost.

That's a very nice thought but I think it's about LR charging over inflated parts for extras/parts. Don't forget that most of these items must be carried by law in most European countries...
Also - there's no torch or tool kit!!! There is a jack and wheel changing tools if you have the spare wheel!
(This post was last modified: 26-01-2012 06:28pm by WB.)
26-01-2012 06:27pm
PhilSkill

Not even a jack without spare wheel!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-01-2012 01:09am
DT

I am still of the opinion that it is about weight saving to get the Max MPG/Emissions on the test models,
if we decide to add these afterwards (esecially spare wheels and jacks) then they are not responsible for
our economy. I would accept that having been a Range Rover user for over 15 years, I am more used to being ripped off! I do get the feeling that there are quite a few first timers to the brand, purely attracted by the Evoque.
27-01-2012 01:07pm
WorldTraveler

(26-01-2012 04:51pm)WB Wrote:  Ebay for warning triangles - be sure to get one that fits in the warning triangle shaped slot in the boot! Ikea for hi-viz jackets and amazon for fire extinguishers... I had a spare first aid kit already

So therer's a slot for the tri-angle but its NOT supplied... that seems like a load of old Bo**ix !! My wife drive a '60 plate KIA Sportage, bought from new, even THAT came with Tri-Angle, First Aid Kit and High Viz Jacket ... WTF ???

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
27-01-2012 07:05pm