Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Very quiet!
doug

RE: Very quiet!

Alex,
Factory tours. Did you still have to pay for this, or did your dealer book it FOC.

Yes will have to pay and it costs £45 per person, which also includes a driving experience but only as a passenger - Mon to Thur mornings I think, or £100 per person for Factory Tour plus driving experience but you get to drive instead. They also said from July (near the start date of the Driving days) the factory tours will be closed until September, which ironically is also when the Evoque builds probably start. So it doesn't look like you can get a tour to maybe see the Evoques on the production line.
[/quote]

Alex,
Thanks.
Was hopeing to vist factory around time they build my car (with the build number, LL should be able to track my car, as when build will start). As Pure is'nt being started untill Oct, hope to vist after Sept.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
14-06-2011 10:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Alex

Ok sounds like you have a plan, but interesting to know if you can time a visit as your car is on the production line?

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
14-06-2011 12:01pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

(12-06-2011 05:53pm)Alex Wrote:  I had a browse on the other forums but not that exciting.

Can't believe people are selling their build slots over there, one guy selling 3 Shocked or that the dealer would allow this unless this is a dealer which is even worse Mad
15-06-2011 06:11am
Alex

Yeah I can't believe it either, I saw some for sale on eBay!

I'm amazed what people do to make a bit of extra money. It's almost as if they assume the Evoque will have the same demand as a new iPad.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
15-06-2011 06:43am
Charlie
No Longer Registered

lol just went to have a look on eBay and seen a Crapstones dealer selling Evoque pens for £24.50 Shocked
He's probably been given them to hand out to customers!
15-06-2011 06:54am
Alex

Actually just had a look and saw the pens! When you put Evoque in search in eBay it actually comes up with quite a lot of cars to bid for in supposed build queues. Do you think this would be people at dealerships buying slots initially to make some money or people perhaps that changed their mind, or small time investors.

The thing is it doesn't make sense is the cars delivery dates have not yet been officially confirmed as production has not yet started and something unexpected could happen that shifts the delivery date to the right. So when bidding for the vehicles, I'm not sure if your just buying their slot in the queue or paying them the full price based on what the bid finished at when the original buyer pays at dealer and sells on.

15-06-2011 07:06am
doug

(15-06-2011 07:06am)Alex Wrote:  Actually just had a look and saw the pens! When you put Evoque in search in eBay it actually comes up with quite a lot of cars to bid for in supposed build queues. Do you think this would be people at dealerships buying slots initially to make some money or people perhaps that changed their mind, or small time investors.

The thing is it doesn't make sense is the cars delivery dates have not yet been officially confirmed as production has not yet started and something unexpected could happen that shifts the delivery date to the right. So when bidding for the vehicles, I'm not sure if your just buying their slot in the queue or paying them the full price based on what the bid finished at when the original buyer pays at dealer and sells on.

Just looked at e bay. People are saleing evoque brochures, are people mad, just phone any local dealer. May try saleing my used NEC live show ticket & coffee cup Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
15-06-2011 03:34pm