Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Two Software upgrades at annual service today
urayamu

RE: Two Software upgrades at annual service today

Took my car for the 9 speed transmission software service action. About 75 miles after the upgrade made yesterday and I must say I'm quite pleased with the new software.
15-03-2015 05:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HotLap

(12-03-2015 01:48pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I took the Evoque in for it's first service today and had to sign for two TSB upgrades - another transmission software upgrade and one for the Battery Management System - apparently owners of RRS2 and 2014MY Evoques have been complaining about batteries not holding charge! I hope that the upgrade doesn't turn out to be a downgrade for me as I have no complaints at all about the battery life on my current Evoque.

I too have had software "upgrades" in the past that have actually made things worse. Can you refuse this upgrade or will they try and say warranty will be voided. My 9 speed doesn't feel fully sorted out either...but it could always be worse. Occaisional harsh shift, but the hesitation when slowing down then getting back on the gas is the most frustrating. Too many gears and the trans ecu has to "think" too much!

Worse than the gearbox is quite often when I come to a complete stop there is a rear end "clunk/jerk" almost like it's jumping between 2 wheel/all wheel drive...not the smoothest drivetrain for sure...

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
16-03-2015 11:17pm
Baileythecocker

Mines in today for 1st service just dropped off at local dealer, came up on screen gearbox update Q450 not had any problem with mine other than when car is cold for a couple of miles gear changes can be a little harsh - no other updates were shown as required hope I don't have a problem later
Car is in for full day to sort out front passenger door which more than often won't open on 2 presses of remote even though all other doors open also car often does not lock apparently its a lazy latch not functioning correctly so will have new one fitted
No other problems though was going to mention irritating rattles but managed to sort them myself earlier this year

: MY14 Dynamic SD4 9 Auto Fuji Cont/Pano Roof and a few bits n bobs
Gone....MY12 Freelander TD4 6 Auto and a long list of the good bad and just wished I hadn't bought them
17-03-2015 11:54am