Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Turning of Eco stop start
Tcousins

Turning of Eco stop start

Is it possible to permanently turn off the Eco stop start? I just read an article that said even though cars with this feature have heavy duty starters, they still can wear out prematurely if you use the stop start all the time. I am getting tired of always having to push the Eco button every time I get in the car. Thanks.
26-10-2015 02:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DVFlyer

RE: Turning of Eco stop start

Haven't seen any posts where this is possible.

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
26-10-2015 02:49pm
PhilSkill

There is a thread on here about disconnecting the Auxiliary Battery that will disable Start/Stop, if you wanted to go down that route.

Or After 4 years my stop start barely ever works anyway!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-10-2015 05:33pm
rchrdleigh

You won't find any approved LR Dealers who'll turn it off permanently.
I've been running a LR with stop/start for 5 years and 60000 miles and it works pretty much the same now as it did when new and I'm still on the original starter motor and battery.
26-10-2015 09:11pm
window

Hi - There a button on the dash that turns the eco stop/start feature off. Its next to the Hill descent control and the Dynamic stability buttons.

Evoque HSE Dynamic Firenze Red
05-11-2015 04:09pm
Pete

(05-11-2015 04:09pm)window Wrote:  Hi - There a button on the dash that turns the eco stop/start feature off. Its next to the Hill descent control and the Dynamic stability buttons.

Yes, he knows this. Read the second sentence of his post.
10-11-2015 08:56am
window

Well pointed out - must read things fully in the future!!!

10-11-2015 10:47am
markdartj

My start stop became inoperable after about a 9 mo of use. When I brought my RRE in for one year service, I mentioned it and they replaced the Battery Service Module.(I assume it's like a computer that controls how the battery is used); SS still didn't work. Just had 18mo. service done and they reset the BMS twice, finally began working. Since I live 60 miles away from nearest JLR dealer/service, it was not a priority to take half a day to get it fixed, but I did pay for the start/stop feature, which I like (the quiet at intersections is nice), and it should work. Now it seems to work fine. Also they did the latest gearbox update (actually a recall, but update sounds more palatable). Now my RRE accelerates as smooth as cream; better than it did when new. I've read a lot of horror stories about how expensive and lackadaisical some JLR service departments are, but I can't say enough good things about my local JLR dealership and service center. They really do try to make everything right, and at a reasonable price.

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
12-11-2015 06:56pm
window

I have asked my dealer and Jaguar Land Rover about the intelligent stop/start system and why it works as it does. It is illogical! No response from them - my question is just deflected.
In normal operation without intelligent stop/start and you brake to a halt, remain in drive and apply the electronic hand brake. You can then take your foot off the foot brake. When you then accelerate the electronic hand brake is disengaged and you move off.
With the intelligent stop/start engaged things are a little different. You brake to a halt and then if you apply the electronic hand brake the engine starts up. The software knows that I am stopped. This seems illogical.
Does anybody know why this is? JLR won't explain the reasoning behind it.
Also I believe the use of hand brake is recommended by the Highway Code.

29-04-2016 03:22pm
Pete

In normal operation, I brake to a halt and keep my foot on the brake. In standing traffic, I'll place the transmission into Park, which also applies the parking brake. I never apply the parking brake in Drive. Using the Park position seems the safest and logical thing to me.

Porsche Macan
29-04-2016 03:36pm