Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
Tuning box?
Aussievoque

RE: Tuning box?

+1 - Would love to know the details, sounds like a great option for those of us not in the UK or near someone like Bells.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
13-01-2012 06:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

(12-01-2012 11:29pm)ytshome Wrote:  Hi cutter7, I don't know if I've missed it in the thread but which model do you have and which product have you gone for. Cheers YT

See post 11

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk

13-01-2012 07:07am
Ezandania

Tuning box?

Wow...u just plugged in 35% more power/torque! Congrats! Just hope the Bosch ECU don't throw a CEL. You should be close to Si4 power by now?

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
13-01-2012 01:38pm
cutter7

(13-01-2012 01:38pm)Ezandania Wrote:  Wow...u just plugged in 35% more power/torque! Congrats! Just hope the Bosch ECU don't throw a CEL. You should be close to Si4 power by now?

You certainly notice it!

Moved from 420Mn-525Mn 190 BHP-230? BHP

I'm looking for somewhere local to certify these results..

13-01-2012 01:52pm
GibEvoque

Would definitely be interesting to see RR figures.

I would be looking at 185bhp and 500Nm torque on My TD4 so should happily keep up with SD4s.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
13-01-2012 02:44pm
cutter7

(13-01-2012 01:38pm)Ezandania Wrote:  Wow...u just plugged in 35% more power/torque! Congrats! Just hope the Bosch ECU don't throw a CEL. You should be close to Si4 power by now?

None of our diesel tuning boxes touch your vehicle's ECU or other electronics or make permanent changes which would be detectable. However they can be quickly and easily removed altogether if you choose at any time reverting your vehicle to factory standard. http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk

(This post was last modified: 13-01-2012 08:54pm by cutter7.)
13-01-2012 08:47pm
cjfp

^^ "our" - does this mean you are affiliated ?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-01-2012 08:50pm
ED209

(13-01-2012 08:50pm)cjfp Wrote:  ^^ "our" - does this mean you are affiliated ?

Thats what it appears to me. A bit of covert advertising been going on perhaps?
13-01-2012 09:01pm
cutter7

(13-01-2012 08:50pm)cjfp Wrote:  ^^ "our" - does this mean you are affiliated ?

Not at all, i have just pasted an answer to this question.. from their web site.. i will now show all Q+A. (from post 26)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will this system fit my vehicle?
A: Please use the vehicle search drop down menu's at the top of the page to find your exact product(s).
Q: How does this system fit?
A: Most of our tuning box systems connect onto the fuel injection system within the engine bay. The connector loom we provide has a genuine male and female connector fitted to ensure you can easily remove the connector from your engine, plug this into one connector on our loom and then the other back into your engine so the tuning box sits in-line with your vehicle's existing electronics. You'll only need a screw driver or basic tools to install our systems as they plug straight into your engine quickly.
Q: My car is remapped, will this work?
A: We do not recommend it as your vehicle already has been fine tuned for more power. However it's worth noting that a tuning box will yield the same power gains but gives you the flexibility to remove the system at any time being fully un-detectable.
Q: Are your systems detectable by a garage?
A: None of our diesel tuning boxes touch your vehicle's ECU or other electronics or make permanent changes which would be detectable. However they can be quickly and easily removed altogether if you choose at any time reverting your vehicle to factory standard.
Q: Will this damage my engine, are they safe?
A: All our systems are completely safe and will not damage an engine in any way. We have been tuning diesel vehicles for many years and have extensive knowledge on what settings each system needs for the specific vehicle it's being installed on. All of your vehicle's existing safety features are always in full control of your engine. None of our systems override or alter your vehicle's settings at any time.
Q: Do I need to remove my system for Servicing and MOT's?
A: No you do not have to at all. Most of our customer's leave these systems installed at all times and have never ever experienced a reason not to.
Q: Will these systems increase my emissions?
A: No they will not, most of our customer leave these systems installed for MOT's or other inspection works and have never had an issue.
Q: Do I need to cut anything to install?
A: No you shouldn't have to as these systems are designed to plug straight into your engine with the connectors provided.
Q: Will this affect my warranty?
A: This is down to your dealer, the manufacturer, or whoever sold or maintains a warranty on your vehicle. However all our diesel tuning boxes are designed to plug in and be removed very quickly and easily. This ensures that if you wish to remove the system for maintenance or servicing you can do but this isn't a requirement.
Q: An Anti Pollution warning light has come on?
A: It's very rare to have any warning light come on as we specifically tune each system for the vehicle it's sold for. However if this was unlikely to occur then it's a simple adjustment issue with the tuning box, a poor connection when installing the system or worst case a faulty wiring loom or system. It's nothing to worry about and purely a safety measure on the vehicle's part, please get in touch and we'll sort this out for you quickly.
Q: Can I swap this system to another vehicle?
A: In many cases you can do, however you may need to purchase a new wiring loom to fit the new vehicle and possibly a new calibration. All this work is very reasonably priced and simple to sort out. Please contact us for more information.
Q: Will these systems fit my Petrol vehicle?
A: Sadly not, these systems are only for modern Diesel engines at this time.
Q: Can you fit this system for me?
A: Yes we can. If this is of interest to you please give us a call or send us an email and we'll be able to advise a price and availability.
Q: Do you ship internationally?
A: Yes we do, we charge a flat rate for international shipping which you can choose at checkout. If you wish to confirm prices in advance please contact us.
Q: Do I have to sign for the parcel?
A: Yes you do, all our parcels are dispatched by 1st class Royal Mail Signed for or Special Delivery.
Q: I don't seem to be able to find my vehicle?
A: If you can't find your vehicle using our Vehicle Finder Drop Down Boxes at the top of this page please do not hesitate to send us an email query or call us and we'll do our best to advise you if a system is available. We're always adding new vehicle's so it's best to check if in doubt.
Q: What is included in the package?
A: Every Diesel tuning box is supplied with the correct engine connector loom for your vehicle as well as full English fitting instructions and cable ties.
Q: How much is postage?
A: Postage is included in the system price so the price you see is the price you pay for UK shipments!
Q: Do I need to inform my insurance company?
A: Yes we would advise you do to ensure your insurance policy is valid.

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk

(13-01-2012 09:01pm)ED209 Wrote:  Thats what it appears to me. A bit of covert advertising been going on perhaps?

ED209..go away..please.Boring.. and cjfp how did you become a moderator? Embarrassed

(This post was last modified: 13-01-2012 11:37pm by cutter7.)
13-01-2012 09:07pm
Aussievoque

Guess that's what you get for trying to contibute to the forum hey Cutter?? Everyone on here seems to be so quick to look for some ulterior motive.
If they read the thread properly it was pretty clear that you ordered and waited for the box from a 3rd party. You even gave the link to where the quote came from. Agree with your comments on cfjp - have been watching some of his comments for a while...

Threads like this are the reason I come to this forum. I don't think we need to shoot them down - kinda discourages contributing to the forum.

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2012 11:55pm by Aussievoque.)
13-01-2012 11:52pm