Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trip Computer
leesug

Trip Computer

OK, so this is a daft question, but please can someone tell me how to switch the trip computer between A, B and Auto.

Also, while I am at it, can I turn the radio on while the car is not running??

OK I am on a roll now, can I turn the warning bells off?? I understand the seat belt bells, but when the door is open can I turn it off so I can show my car to people without stupid bells going off all the time?

My car is an SD4 Pure Manual.

Cheers
Lee

Pure SD4 Manual, Orkney Grey with Black interior, pure style pack, Xenons and a range of dealer fit extras that added £1k to my bill! (managed to secure a showroom car)
Ex too many, but slightly interesting Porsche 911 3.2, 996, 928 * 2, Saab, BMW, Merc a plenty....
21-11-2011 10:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
exigejoe

RE: Trip Computer

I think there a button at the end of the lever to do it.

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
(This post was last modified: 21-11-2011 10:41pm by exigejoe.)
21-11-2011 10:40pm
ytshome

(21-11-2011 10:37pm)leesug Wrote:  OK, so this is a daft question, but please can someone tell me how to switch the trip computer between A, B and Auto.

Also, while I am at it, can I turn the radio on while the car is not running??

OK I am on a roll now, can I turn the warning bells off?? I understand the seat belt bells, but when the door is open can I turn it off so I can show my car to people without stupid bells going off all the time?

My car is an SD4 Pure Manual.

Cheers
Lee

Hi Lee, You change the trip computer settings on the right hand side of the steering wheel controls. Just remember to press the centre button, which brings up the menus and then use the arrows to select trip computer and from therechoose a b or auto. You the can go through all of the sub menus on the left hand stalk and as a clue the central display shows a picture of what it looks like.

The radio can be used whilst the engine is off by simply pressing the on/off button and this will unfortunately turn off after 10 mins. I've not had the problem with bongs so can't help on that one. regards YT

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 21-11-2011 10:50pm by ytshome.)
21-11-2011 10:49pm
IKM

Hi, presumably you meant when the door was open and engine running? I hope.

It sounds like we're treated as idiots these days ... Need a noise for everything.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
21-11-2011 10:57pm
leesug

Yep, I have managed to read the manual!! It does not say as far as I can see.

Tx ytshome I will have a look at the computer menu to try and find it. I will have another look but the radio did not turn on when I last tried, time to have another look!

IKM, yes you jump in, turn the car on to show someone, then open the door and the bloody bongs start!! From what i have tried you cannot "OK" them neither. Very annoying.

Pure SD4 Manual, Orkney Grey with Black interior, pure style pack, Xenons and a range of dealer fit extras that added £1k to my bill! (managed to secure a showroom car)
Ex too many, but slightly interesting Porsche 911 3.2, 996, 928 * 2, Saab, BMW, Merc a plenty....
21-11-2011 11:04pm
anton

(21-11-2011 10:57pm)IKM Wrote:  Hi, presumably you meant when the door was open and engine running? I hope.

It sounds like we're treated as idiots these days ... Need a noise for everything.
I think the bongs/chimes are meant for the american market.There is a way to disable them on the RRS for the seatbelts,dont know if it will work on the RRE.
(This post was last modified: 21-11-2011 11:06pm by anton.)
21-11-2011 11:05pm