Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trigger pulled ... Order in!
Trapdoor

Trigger pulled ... Order in!

Well, I finally firmed up my colour choices and pulled the trigger on my Prestige 5dr Auto.

It's going to be OG with Element interior and Cirrus headlining, 19" Style 5 wheels (due to the TPMS). All options ticked except for Solar Attenuating windscreen, smokers pack and rear entertainment system. Not sure on delivery date yet as the dealer reckons they may have a vehicle in the build queue that can be modified to my spec and colour ... But that needs confirmation apparently.

One thing that has miffed me somewhat is that I am unhappy about the lottery over what tyres are delivered. My X3 has a set of Winter snow tyres on 17" alloys that I stick on in November. After driving it for one year with the OEM summer tyres, I wouldn't ever drive any car in the ice and snow without winters. Ok, it's a 4x4 but all that means is you can tend to go where others get stuck. You still can't steer or stop any better than Focus-man.

Anyhow, the dealer can't specify the Pirelli Scorpion Verde's and the given option was to have another set of wheels shod in some winter rubber. However, the parts guy reckons that due to the TPMS the car will need to be re-coded each time the wheels are swapped Rolling Eyes and because the option is for 17" wheels, they also reckon the car needs to be reconfigured for a different size wheel Confused Eh? Surely the rolling diameter is the same as you stick on taller tyres to compensate for smaller wheels (that's what I did on my X3)

Has anyone else been through this and what were the solution(s)? My preference is for the Pirelli's to be fitted, but I don't particularly want to have to shell out an additional £900+ for a set of tyres when SOME cars seem to come with these as standard. Pretty sure ill get the Continentals as the cars they currently have in stock have been (except one that had Goodyear on).

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
25-01-2013 06:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply