Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Track your shipping
berlin2011

Track your shipping

For all the fellow non UK Evoque buyers.

So you have a VIN and per Vista print / Topix your car is built but you have a yearning to know exactly when / where your car is in the shipping process?

Hit the following link http://www.2wglobal.com/www/wep/index.jsp and click on Track and Trace (the all users option) at the bottom right. On the following screen enter your VIN in the Cargo ID box and click 'Track' - if your car has been scheduled for shipping or is already en route you will get the all the details of date and time shipping was booked, car arrived at terminal, car loaded on vessel (as well as vessel name, date of departure, port of discharge and date of arrival), customs release, vessel release, discharged etc. - clearly the level of detail depends on where in the process your car is

I can't confirm that this will work for all destination but so far all the USA / Canadian / African and Australian VINs I've tried gave me joy - it may be that your car is being shipped on a different carrier but worth giving it a shot

Example of details:

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 26-10-2011 08:09pm by berlin2011.)
26-10-2011 08:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: Track your shipping

Berlin,
Great find.
How do you find all your info, what with all your pictures you found for us & now this.
Are you sure your not a "spy".

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
26-10-2011 08:58pm
berlin2011

"spy"? me? Cool answering that would be far too revealing Laughing

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
26-10-2011 09:26pm
QUATTROMAN

Hey Berlin,
once youve got all your shipping info as per your details you can then even track the ship by AIS in real time - well every time the ships captain (Tim) or Nav officer logs position you have an update...lol

http://www.marinetraffic.com/ais/

Note not all areas of the world are covered for obvious reasons ..Me Hearty...

Fuji White 5 door Dynamic SD4 AUTO +LUX PACK + Adaptive Xenons -Built 22-12- 2011 - delivered 12-1-12
26-10-2011 11:30pm
JiiPee

AIS is short for Automatic Identification System so it does not need manual logging. AIS transponder will send info all the time live. Unless ships company tampers with it, which they shouldn't do...

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
26-10-2011 11:54pm
berlin2011

I draw the line at 'stalking' the ship Laughing That's a whole new level of OCD.

27-10-2011 02:44am
JiiPee

I am not able to acces the "all users" section at the http://Www.2wglobal.com site. It just opens into a blank page!?

...and i would SO like to do some shipspotting!

Enjoying enormously: Pure Td4 Automatic, Firenze Red, almond/espresso interior, panorama roof with rails, Pure tech pack, clearview pack & cold weather pack, parking radars front and back + camera.
27-10-2011 09:18pm
Capital

(27-10-2011 09:18pm)JiiPee Wrote:  I am not able to acces the "all users" section at the http://Www.2wglobal.com site. It just opens into a blank page!?

...and i would SO like to do some shipspotting!

Are you using a Mac or safari?

Try another pc as it does not work on all browsers
27-10-2011 09:26pm
JiiPee

(27-10-2011 09:26pm)Capital Wrote:  Are you using a Mac or safari?

Try another pc as it does not work on all browsers

I am, both actually and on an iPad! Better fire up the ol' pc then. Thanks!

27-10-2011 10:01pm
berlin2011

On a mac, Firefox does the trick.

27-10-2011 10:11pm