Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Totally Flat Battery in about 15 minutes
Martynk

Totally Flat Battery in about 15 minutes

Hi All

I have now covered over 6000 miles in the Evoque with no problems so far, but on Sunday was watching the Tennis on the TV for around 5 minutes whilst parked up with the engine running. I switched the engine off, and left for about 15 minutes, when I came back to start the car, all I got was a whirr and clunk, and that was it.

Had to call out Rover Assistance who started it again in seconds, and checked everything seemed to be OK. No problems since.

Given I never normally watch TV, it seems like it never switched off, or certainly something didn't, to allow the battery to drain completely.

Any suggestions as to what may have caused it, or even if the TV came back on, why it didn't auto shutdown?

Put me off using the TV until I get it sorted.

Thanks

Martyn
11-08-2012 08:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Totally Flat Battery in about 15 minutes

I had the same happen in my last BMW which had tvs in the headrests. Was parked within forum wife with the boys in the back watching the tvs and it drained the battery in 20 mins. I'm surprised the Evoque didn't shut it down before the battery was drained
11-08-2012 11:25pm
The Valeter

See another thread re this.

I had to call out LR assistance twice in 2 weeks for dead battery & inbetween that the screen lost all fuctions except DAB radio & TV though that was pointless as it would have killed the battery again.
The LR assistance guy re-booted the Cambus systen/Body Control Unit which gave my screen a return to life & charged the battery at the same time.

If this car is not capable of keeping a charge for the use that I bought it for then I can expect to call LR assistance out on a fornightly basis!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
12-08-2012 12:23am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
smayo

(12-08-2012 12:23am)The Valeter Wrote:  See another thread re this.

I had to call out LR assistance twice in 2 weeks for dead battery & inbetween that the screen lost all fuctions except DAB radio & TV though that was pointless as it would have killed the battery again.
The LR assistance guy re-booted the Cambus systen/Body Control Unit which gave my screen a return to life & charged the battery at the same time.

If this car is not capable of keeping a charge for the use that I bought it for then I can expect to call LR assistance out on a fornightly basis!

You bought the Evoque just to watch TV? I'm sure you can get better and cheaper TV's nowadays.Rolling with Laughter

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
12-08-2012 08:31am
The Valeter

(12-08-2012 08:31am)smayo Wrote:  You bought the Evoque just to watch TV? I'm sure you can get better and cheaper TV's nowadays.Rolling with Laughter

LOL......No, what I meant was the fact I use it for work & often open + close the doors etc when it is parked up. But on the subject of the TV that is one of the reasons I ordered it was so I can watch it while having lunch as I used to do on my Rover 75 Tourer incidentally without any battery issues.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2012 10:58am by The Valeter.)
12-08-2012 10:54am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply