Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Ticking Noise
musher

Ticking Noise

Is it just mine or do other RRE owners hear what can only be described as some sort of fast ticking noise coming from the fuse box region in the boot, everytime a door is opened or a switch made in the car etcQuestionQuestionQuestion

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
22-03-2012 08:38am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Ticking Noise

Not every time you use a switch no, there is a series of 3 ticks (electrical relay operations) in the boot sometimes at strange intervals, usually after entry to the car, but not once driving. There is a tick of the solenoid that protects against reverse selection in forward drive as it disengages at about 2mph as you come to a stop. You can hear a relay tick when you enable the heated rear screen. That's about all I've heard.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
22-03-2012 08:44am
Donny Dog

Did anyone ever get to the bottom of what the 20 second 'singing' noise, followed by a mechanical sliding switch sound, that follows starting or stopping the engine, pressing the foot brake, or opening doors is? I seem to recall it raised on here a while ago, but I can't find it now.
22-03-2012 10:05am
Big G

RE: Ticking Noise/ Whining noise

(22-03-2012 10:05am)Donny Dog Wrote:  Did anyone ever get to the bottom of what the 20 second 'singing' noise, followed by a mechanical sliding switch sound, that follows starting or stopping the engine, pressing the foot brake, or opening doors is? I seem to recall it raised on here a while ago, but I can't find it now.
+1 - I have a whining high pitch noise coming from the engine every time I park up - wife thought it was an alarm.
Should I be worried?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
22-03-2012 01:06pm
Skymonster

I don't think anyone has got the definitive answer on what the high pitched noise at lock/unlock is although there was some speculation. AFAIK all Evoques do it. Should you be worried? My guess - only if it doesn't do it at all, or if the noise doesn't stop after 20 seconds or so!

Mine doesn't tick though

andy

----
Pure 2.2SD4, auto, tech, pano, etc... Fuji... And very happy with my choice so far...
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2012 01:20pm by Skymonster.)
22-03-2012 01:17pm
Donny Dog

(22-03-2012 01:17pm)Skymonster Wrote:  I don't think anyone has got the definitive answer on what the high pitched noise at lock/unlock is although there was some speculation. AFAIK all Evoques do it. Should you be worried? My guess - only if it doesn't do it at all, or if the noise doesn't stop after 20 seconds or so!

Mine doesn't tick though

andy

I'm not worried - just intrigued! I hate things I don't understand!!
22-03-2012 01:22pm
speary

I think the ticking could be something to do with the fuel system presurising when you unlock the car.
My audi A5 did the same
I also get the high pitched whistling sound and would like to know what it is

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
22-03-2012 01:51pm
Skymonster

(22-03-2012 01:22pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  I hate things I don't understand!!

I'd be in a right mess if I was like you - car, job, life, women... Wink

andy

----
Pure 2.2SD4, auto, tech, pano, etc... Fuji... And very happy with my choice so far...
22-03-2012 01:53pm