Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thinking Of Buying Another Evoque!
The Valeter

Thinking Of Buying Another Evoque!

Having had a flat battery 4 times I got a little irritated though I believe that is sorted now as software update was performed & a new battery fitted last Saturday though while I was having the battery issues It appeared that because my car has keyless entry, electric tailgate etc & whilst working with it I have it unlocked so the ECU is constantly searching for the key & opening electric tailgate etc uses extra power I thought that a lesser spec car would be more sensible.
On Saturday whilst at my dealer they offered me a what I consider to be a good trade in price for my Dynamic Lux probably because as I am aware that petrol models are not so easy to get hold of currently.

Given I have a Dynamic which I love to bits I don't wan't to get something else & then be bored after a month or so, so I will need to think carefully but I have considered getting a Pure & speccing it nicely to similar to mine but without some of the electric things that drain battery!

Spec could be :-
Pure Tech 5 door manual in (possibly Santorini or Barollo Black) needs to be a different colour so it is noticeable lol.
Panoramic Roof & possibly Indus Silver contrast, Front Fog lights, Xenons, Powerfold Mirrors, Possibly Rear Camera, Privacy Glass, Cirrus Leather or a leather alcantara dealer trim, Ebony Headlining, Gloss Black Strata dash trim which is not on the factory options list for Pure but I have told them it will be fitted by factory or dealer - simples, 825W Merridian Hifi,

Wheels - either do the factory upgrade to 19" style 4 @ £450 or stick with the 18"s & buy a set of 20" Style 7 off Ebay & then sell the 18" unused which is likely to be a better option.

Colour parts of the rear bumper & maybe front too to be similar to a Dynamic.

I think that is it so I recon that is quite nice to be honest.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
19-12-2012 04:43pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

RE: Thinking Of Buying Another Evoque!

Looks a nice spec, I would consider Havana rather than Barolo. I'm considering placing an order in the summer, like the car just wished I had specced a few things, mine would be:

Pure 5dr SD4 man
Indus silver
Santorini contrast roof
Cirrus interior
Cirrus headlining
Auto lights/wipers
Fogs
Style 6 alloys
Powerfold mirrors
Signature lighting
Privacy glass
Heated steering wheel

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
19-12-2012 05:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ChuckieB

For my 10 pence worth, don't forego the rear camera, it's something you could well live to regret?

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
19-12-2012 05:09pm
WB
WB

What sort of % trade in are they offering? I just sold mine privately for very nearly what I paid for it a year ago well 99.5% to be precise!

On the spec I agree with Chuckie on the rear cam - I think it's an essential. Personally I think the Pure really needs the tech pack too.

For what its worth my Pure that I sold had the 3 min battery warning - although never had a flat and was remedied by fitting a new battery and that didn't have keyless or electric tailgate.
(This post was last modified: 19-12-2012 05:35pm by WB.)
19-12-2012 05:34pm
mark_n

Ersonally, I would wait for e Evoque to be revised in some meaningful way. You are still going to lose money if you make the change.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
19-12-2012 06:16pm
The Valeter

(19-12-2012 05:34pm)WB Wrote:  What sort of % trade in are they offering? I just sold mine privately for very nearly what I paid for it a year ago well 99.5% to be precise!

On the spec I agree with Chuckie on the rear cam - I think it's an essential. Personally I think the Pure really needs the tech pack too.

For what its worth my Pure that I sold had the 3 min battery warning - although never had a flat and was remedied by fitting a new battery and that didn't have keyless or electric tailgate.

A = £40,400 & they will stick to that untill the new car arrives (Around 1st of March) So I think that is fair from a dealer. I would like £41,500 minimum privately though I have advertised it for slightly higher than that & they said if I sell privately then so be it!
How did you manage to get back 99.5%?

B = Re the 3 min warning - that is worrying. The last 2 times mine went flat I had no warning at all, just dead! Mad

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!

(This post was last modified: 19-12-2012 08:31pm by The Valeter.)
19-12-2012 08:29pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

Nice spec, i was at the dealers today picking up a 69pence parcel shelf part that decided it no longer wanted to be part of my car!. They had a Havana coloured RRE in stock, must admit it is a really nice colour.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
19-12-2012 10:30pm
The Valeter

(19-12-2012 10:30pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  Nice spec, i was at the dealers today picking up a 69pence parcel shelf part that decided it no longer wanted to be part of my car!. They had a Havana coloured RRE in stock, must admit it is a really nice colour.

What model was the Havana?

19-12-2012 11:54pm
MPK

Nice specs but double check if the 825w Meridian is an option on the Pure. I recall it not being as at late 2011.

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto (01/2012)
20-12-2012 12:55am
The Valeter

(20-12-2012 12:55am)MPK Wrote:  Nice specs but double check if the 825w Meridian is an option on the Pure. I recall it not being as at late 2011.

It is & is on the builder too. I spoke with the dealer & was on the printed out sheets he gave me.

20-12-2012 01:11am