Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The best thing about your Evoque
Coolbanana

RE: The best thing about your Evoque

Apart from the obvious i.e. design, both exterior and interior, my favourite thing is the adaptive dynamics and Dynamic mode - I just can't help but smile when I engage Sport mode, then Dynamic Mode, seeing the dials turn red and then using the Paddles drive the car around a Roundabout as quickly as one of my previous BMW M-Sports!

A Land Rover that can perform this good on the road is really cool. Cool

Aaaand I like the Pano roof, the electric tailgate, the Surround Cameras, the Dual View screen, watching TV while waiting in traffic, puddle lamps - even the 825Watt speaker system isn't bad and I usually do aftermarket upgrades on all my cars...that said there is a JL Audio amp + sub waiting to go in to supplement the existing system anyway...but the handling is still my fav.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
04-01-2012 10:34pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RonnieNavani

(03-01-2012 07:04pm)lngrn36 Wrote:  Okay. Now that we know what a lot of people dislike about the Evoque.
What do you think is the best aspect?
I say the driving experience is much more sports car than luxury. I would say that the driving experience is the best quality, until I get out and look at it. Then I feel like the beauty of the car is the best quality.
A vehicle is made to transport from A to B. So function over form must win out, therefore I say.
1) The driving experience
2) The outer beauty

What say you?

I tend to DISAGREE with you on the fact that you claim that the driving experience is like a sports car.. its no way near a sports car! but thats my opinion.

Coming from driving a sports car to this - the Evoque feels like a cruiser to me.. That's my 2 cents.

However, I can't complain its outer beauty and inner beauty. one of the best SUV's on the road. you can't stop getting people staring at it.

Delivered - FUJI WHITE > EBONT BLACK > SD4 DYNAMIC > PANO ROOF > RSE > SAT NAV > FPD > PWR TAILGATE > 19" Style 4 Wheels and a few others..

[/color]www.swapdeals.com.au
05-01-2012 01:26am
ED209

I agree with the above, my only drive of the evoque was the test drive. It is certainly no sports car. My vx220 is a sports car and the driving experienced is about as far removed as possible from an evoque.

This is in terms of ride height, handling, noise, space, basically everything.
05-01-2012 02:17am
Coolbanana

The Evoque is no serious Sports car for sure - albeit the definition of Sports car can be blurred somewhat sometimes by Manufacturers and marketing...

Mine doesn't handle as well as the Z4M, modified 335i Coupe I've owned or my wife's Mini Cooper S but with adaptive dynamics and Dynamic mode it does seem to go as well as the E91 325i M Sport my wife had and the E46 330d that I once had which, for a Land Rover SUV product, is impressive enough for me.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
05-01-2012 09:11am