Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3 Average
The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List)
PhilSkill

RE: 2012 Software Update List

13. The TMC indicator on the NAV Map when pressed should take you directly to the "Issues Ahead" List. Or have a display for issues on the map?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-12-2011 04:47pm
Find all posts by this user
defender_uk

(29-12-2011 04:47pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  13. The TMC indicator on the NAV Map when pressed should take you directly to the "Issues Ahead" List. Or have a display for issues on the map?

it should allow you to interogate the road system and not just the roads on route, like you can in the RR & RRS. There is no way to find out why the sat nav has sent you a stupid route and not the normal one, which may be due to a TMC message. realy irritating.

have to say thoudh philskill, whist most of you list is preety good....the ability to read SMS as they come through is pretty dumb IMHO...enough crashes and people killed because people reading SMS rather than concentrating on the road, and the fact that is is on the screen rather than phone, woin't negate that danger.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
(This post was last modified: 29-12-2011 06:12pm by defender_uk.)
29-12-2011 06:09pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
PhilSkill

(29-12-2011 06:09pm)defender_uk Wrote:  it should allow you to interogate the road system and not just the roads on route, like you can in the RR & RRS. There is no way to find out why the sat nav has sent you a stupid route and not the normal one, which may be due to a TMC message. realy irritating.

have to say thoudh philskill, whist most of you list is preety good....the ability to read SMS as they come through is pretty dumb IMHO...enough crashes and people killed because people reading SMS rather than concentrating on the road, and the fact that is is on the screen rather than phone, woin't negate that danger.

You're probably dead right there with the SMS idea defender, I doubt they could do it legally anyway although you can receive phone calls while driving hands free and see music text changing, so if no buttons required to be pressed to see the text is that any different...?, plus you never know if something you don't want your colleague sitting next to you is coming through for all to read! like "Jimbo will be made redundant...!" might be a bit embarrasing if he was stting next to you!!! Shocked

I did notice around Bristol the NAV wanted to send me into Bristol rather than stay on the M5 !!!, and there were "40" warning signs flashing on the motorway, even though the motorway was completely clear so probably left over from an old accident, never found those signs updated properly on our motorways and if they're linked to the TMC info then it's never going to be any good anyway! But yes if we could browse the map to see the issue it would help you determine if it was worth avoiding or not!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
30-12-2011 01:11pm
KPNuts

Based on our very limited experience so far:-

1) The ECO button light should be off when ECO is on, as surely the default ECO setting should be on. Light on when ECO turned off. Rather ironic that an unnecessary light is on to tell you it is in ECO!

2) Ability to turn off the change gear indicator between dials, while still maintaining the Stop/Start function.

3) Ability to rename uploaded CD's - We currently have 4 uploaded which say they are called Greatest Hits!

4) Have not played with the Sat Nav enough to have comments

SD4 Coupe Prestige, Orkney Grey, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel, Dipping RVM
Ordered: 12/09/11 Collected 22/12/11
Supporting Macmillan Cancer Support in Mac 4x4 Challenge
30-12-2011 04:51pm
PhilSkill

14. User settable option for front DRL in low light setting with rear lights (shaped section only not centre round light) on too.
15. Did I mention Turn off Door Chime
16. And turn off door chime option
17. User configurable door chime
18. Some other Tasteful screen savers. Digital Clock, Framework Evoque. Maybe a random screen saver selection mode or rotating between images slowly so it actually saves the screen!
19. Option to choose whether you want the door open chime to drive you slowly insane!

30-12-2011 04:57pm
cjfp

It would also be good if you could turn off the open door chime Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
30-12-2011 05:04pm
PhilSkill

20. Speed Limiter option for quickly setting max speed in 5mph increments, (or 10mph increments for UK)

30-12-2011 05:13pm
olde

Crikey! Shocked You guys are coming up with some truly amazing stuff. It seems the Evoque has a lot of software frustrations that would be easy to fix, is this typical of first year models?

I will compile a list of everyone's input, in a few more days, and let you guys have at it. I'll make a few mistakes capturing all the "use cases" you describe, so I'll need your help editing. I suspect some of you are software gurus, right? Should I prioritize the list somehow, or would that get too complicated?

BTW, this is just a minor bug, but did anyone notice the outer keys in the "mode" keypad (on the steering wheel) are entirely useless in NAV mode? Zooming the map takes a crazy number of key-presses. My Acura has on-wheel zoom, so you can zoom in/out to see street names while in the large-scale birds-eye view.

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
30-12-2011 11:37pm
PhilSkill

Hi olde, no problem giving a final list a once over, difficult to set priorities as everyone will have different requirements, although I think the door chime option would come top!

Main thing is to get the ideas in so they can be evaluated on appropriateness and possibility and that will allow priorities to be set, probably better to group into sections like NAV, Audio, display etc.

The software will evolve with the product, although its usually an evolution from previous products, but guess this is a bigger step from previous for LR (having driven a freelander recently!!!) so lots of new.

Let me at their software I'd sort them out (for an excruciatingly large fee of course!)

Would be great if we could get a firmware upgrade with some of this stuff oneday!

31-12-2011 12:32am
Wired

I just posted a new tread about language problems so probably best to add them here to.

Language can be changed for the console display but the Cockpit seem unchangeable as are the hard coded English warnings in the camera displays.

Best make it so that language is handled with one setting for all system units.
01-01-2012 01:41pm
Thread Closed