Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TV option or Reversing camera ?
fam1x

TV option or Reversing camera ?

Has any one order the car with the TV option but not added the Dual view on the Pure model ?

Seems you cant have Reversing camera and the Dual view screen on the Pure.

If you just had the TV option without Dual View are you able to watch TV the when the car is in motion ?

As I've only seen the TV on a Prestige Model with Dual view and it work quite well even when the car is in motion.

Thanks

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
16-11-2011 11:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Token

RE: TV option or Reversing camera ?

No you can't watch TV on the move if you don't have dual view. If I had to pick one or the other, I would pick the Reversing camera...I think it's brilliant!

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
16-11-2011 05:14pm
ytshome

For me it's a no brainier the reversing camera is used everyday, whereas the tv is something that I personally would hardly ever use. Just consider that if you are parked up and perhaps waiting for someone and decide to have the telly on while you are waiting it will cut out after ten minutes unless you have the engine switched on.

While I'm on about options I'd also say that the park assist has been on my car for two months now and I haven't had one occasion to use it yet, so if I was specifying a car again that wouldn't be on my list.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
(This post was last modified: 16-11-2011 08:18pm by ytshome.)
16-11-2011 08:14pm
Token

(16-11-2011 08:14pm)ytshome Wrote:  While I'm on about options I'd also say that the park assist has been on my car for two months now and I haven't had one occasion to use it yet, so if I was specifying a car again that wouldn't be on my list.

Agree

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
16-11-2011 09:10pm
EVO PUNDITT

(16-11-2011 08:14pm)ytshome Wrote:  For me it's a no brainier the reversing camera is used everyday, whereas the tv is something that I personally would hardly ever use. Just consider that if you are parked up and perhaps waiting for someone and decide to have the telly on while you are waiting it will cut out after ten minutes unless you have the engine switched on.

While I'm on about options I'd also say that the park assist has been on my car for two months now and I haven't had one occasion to use it yet, so if I was specifying a car again that wouldn't be on my list.
Totally agree, as I have gone for reversing camera and left out the others

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
16-11-2011 09:27pm
berlin2011

(16-11-2011 08:14pm)ytshome Wrote:  While I'm on about options I'd also say that the park assist has been on my car for two months now and I haven't had one occasion to use it yet, so if I was specifying a car again that wouldn't be on my list.

Glad to hear, of the five options we had in SA (most 'options' are standard spec over here) that was the one I did not pick - felt too guilty to tick every box, would've been way too indulgent.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
16-11-2011 09:48pm
fam1x

Thanks guys that's helped alot

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
16-11-2011 09:54pm