Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stratstone Land Rover, Edinburgh is closing 30th November 2011
rsk21

Mark you should read up on the wider woes of the Pendragon group who own Stratstone. It's a deeper corporate malaise which is driving many of the unit closures they are effecting rather than a simple of case of poor customer service performance at the dealership in question.

That aside I have had universally poor experiences with several SS dealerships but having had some professional insight into what lies beneath I can fully appreciate why morale, standards and customer satisfaction are so poor.
06-11-2011 09:05am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Stratstone Land Rover, Edinburgh is closing 30th November 2011

(06-11-2011 07:56am)ED209 Wrote:  That doesnt sound good at all, i think i woulkd be down there "remonstrating"

I have complained to both Stratstone and to Land Rover. Both are completely useless.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-11-2011 09:29am
rsk21

Mark - which SS outlet are you dealing with ?
06-11-2011 09:40am
mark_n

(06-11-2011 09:05am)rsk21 Wrote:  Mark you should read up on the wider woes of the Pendragon group who own Stratstone. It's a deeper corporate malaise which is driving many of the unit closures they are effecting rather than a simple of case of poor customer service performance at the dealership in question.

That aside I have had universally poor experiences with several SS dealerships but having had some professional insight into what lies beneath I can fully appreciate why morale, standards and customer satisfaction are so poor.

Interesting, it becomes a self-fullfilling prophecy. Bad morale breeds poor customer service which breeds poor sales which breeds bad morale, a downward spiral. I've dealt with Stratstone for Ferrari, Aston Martin and now Land Rover, all poor. The problem is that you tend to go to the dealer which is the most convenient geographically, so I should have gone to Guy Salmon in Stratford upon Avon. Reports anyone? Either them or somewhere in London.

(06-11-2011 09:40am)rsk21 Wrote:  Mark - which SS outlet are you dealing with ?

Cheltenham and Gloucester, simply because I use the Mercedes dealership next door who are pretty good.

Things started pretty well, the saleman, Dan Foster, had his "Best Salesman" framed letter on his desk, was a fellow petrol-head with a Nissan GT-R and did a good job in getting my order into the system. Before he left the company for pastures new. Now everything is blamed on him and things have been pear-shaped ever since.

Mark

(This post was last modified: 06-11-2011 09:59am by mark_n.)
06-11-2011 09:42am
rsk21

Guy Salmon is part if Sytner group who run many Mercedes franchises including the one you've mentioned as having used previously. My personal experience of this group and their Mercedes operations is mixed but it seems like they looked after you so might be worth talking to GS and making it clear you're a previously very satisfied Sytner Group customer.

In terms of London based recommendations having tried several flavours of LR dealer I now would deal exclusively with Lookers Park Royal who are also this forum's sponsor. Simple things go a long way - clear and open communication, remembering basic but key things about your customer and a clear passion for,and knowledge of, their product. We've bought two Discoveries from them and have a deposit down on an Evoque for delivery next year.
06-11-2011 11:13am
mark_n

Sounds like Lookers will be getting my servicing business. Thank you for the information and the recommendation.

Mark

06-11-2011 12:48pm
J77

Must admit I can't fault Stratstone Cupar for sales and service, but then that is only one dealer.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
15-11-2011 08:57pm