Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stealers / PX
Good shot

Stealers / PX

So just on the verge of ordering up a second Evoque. Bit shocked with the PX value. JLR Stealers offering £21k on late 2013 Prestige with full spare wheel and transferable 5 yr maintenance package. 23.5K.

How are others fairing?

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
13-07-2016 05:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Stealers / PX

There's a 2012 Prestige on a local traders forecourt near me £25000. Don't, know the mileage but it makes your offer look a bit poor.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-07-2016 05:49pm
Good shot

Yes £25-30k for a lowish mileage 2013 Prestige on Auto Trader. Has anyone any good experience of using Carwow to get a good deal? Seems like a good idea. You spec what you want and a range of dealers give you a quote. .

13-07-2016 08:08pm
Pete

JLR will always offer far less than the going rate for you trading in a JLR product for another one, even if you wave a Parkers valuation in their face.

When I bought my Range Rover, I traded in an MB E-class and a Freelander (bought a year earlier from the same dealer). They gave me the going rate for the Mercedes, but a lot less than the value for the Freelander. It might be more cost effective to go independent.

Porsche Macan
14-07-2016 02:06pm
Good shot

(14-07-2016 02:06pm)Pete Wrote:  JLR will always offer far less than the going rate for you trading in a JLR product for another one, even if you wave a Parkers valuation in their face.

When I bought my Range Rover, I traded in an MB E-class and a Freelander (bought a year earlier from the same dealer). They gave me the going rate for the Mercedes, but a lot less than the value for the Freelander. It might be more cost effective to go independent.

I think you are right Pete. Perhaps I'll go and see what Mercedes offer! It's a pain because it's always more convenient to wrap it up with one dealer amend they are effectively tempting me to go elsewhere.

14-07-2016 02:49pm
Pete

They're really just counting on the fact that you want to buy another JLR car. I really don't understand why they're happy to buy other makes for the trade-in cost, but not JLR, you'd think they'd want our business...

Porsche Macan
14-07-2016 02:59pm
Good shot

(14-07-2016 02:59pm)Pete Wrote:  They're really just counting on the fact that you want to buy another JLR car. I really don't understand why they're happy to buy other makes for the trade-in cost, but not JLR, you'd think they'd want our business...

Maybe with the other makes they just send them straight off to auction, whereas with their own they have to put them on the forecourt and turn a bigger margin.

14-07-2016 03:41pm
Pete

Makes sense, but you'd imagine that they'd want to maximise their profits with the other makes of cars too. Unless there's legislation that forces them to offer a fair price for those.

Porsche Macan
14-07-2016 03:56pm
doug

I experienced the same when asking around for a part exchange price on a very low mileage Audi when buying a Discovery. Both LR dealers I visited asked me how much I wanted for it, when I told them the price I would be asking on autotrader both dealers said " ok will give you that".
But when it can time for a part x price on the D3 (again low mileage, top spec in the right colour) it was a completely different story, the dealers weren't really interested and offered me less than we buy any car. The look on the sales guy face when I told him I had sold it myself for the asking price within 24hrs of the advert being on line.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
(This post was last modified: 14-07-2016 04:25pm by doug.)
14-07-2016 04:23pm
durham

Good shot, I tried Carwow, best discount was £500, worst discount was £5................I didn't bother!
15-07-2016 12:42pm