Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Squeaky seat anyone?
Bodlyfunctions

Squeaky seat anyone?

A couple of weeks ago I thought I heard a squeak. Last week thought i heard it again but could not locate it or get it to do it again.
Today, I had to go around a lot of roundabouts. And there it was.
Every time I turned right the seat squeaked! Like an un-oiled spring.
Problem now is I turn down the stereo to listen out for it and there it is!
Rang dealer who asked me to drop in tomorrow morning and go on a road test with their tech man. Great service from them I must say.
Anyone else had a squeaky seat?
(This post was last modified: 27-02-2013 12:11am by Bodlyfunctions.)
27-02-2013 12:10am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Squeaky seat anyone?

Not read about many squeaky seats. The good news is that LR warranty service is generally very good - it's just a shame they can't get quality control right so we wouldn't have to rely on the warranty!
27-02-2013 12:31am
speary

When cold the back of my drivers seat makes a cracking sound

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
27-02-2013 08:52am
Trapdoor

Oh god ... Not the 'British Leyland' squeaky seat syndrome! My MG Montego Turbo back in 1990 had this ... Manufacturing fault that required new seat frames -twice. In the end they drilled all the riveted bits out and replaced with bolts, which cured it. Used to drive me mad, so I hope that I don't get this on my Evoque.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
27-02-2013 05:54pm
Bodlyfunctions

Must say, great service from my dealer today. Turned up , out for a road test (all of 3 minutes and a roundabout), squeak proven, back to dealership, coffee and wifi waiting. 20 minutes later technician came out and confirmed they have ordered a new seat frame. Trapdoor, this looks like you were right on the money. All booked in for 10 days time when they are coming to collect it for the day.
More continued great service from Hillendale in Nelson.
27-02-2013 08:58pm
PhilSkill

I have a squeaky rear seat when latched, been driving with it unlatched till I can get to a dealer.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-02-2013 11:38pm
Asudude

Had my 2013 Evoque in twice to dealer for creaking squeaking driver seat. Started creaking 3 weeks in at 800miles. They thought they fixed and as I drove away from dealer it started again. Land Rover authorized and new bottom seat frame. I have to wait five weeks for it to ship from UK. Hopefully this fixes the problem. Very disappointed with the quality of the interior one month in. The backing of driver floor mat has also rubbed away in one month.
21-04-2013 02:08am