Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So disappointed. Shame on you LR
DDX

I have a case open with LR regarding a certain matter and am dealing with a person at head office. She said she'll be in touch with me on a weekly basis to update me on my order. Never heard from her so called her today and she told me my order has slipped further to December build/January delivery.

My sales contract states delivery November 7th. Cant begin to express my anger/frustration/disapointment.

Land Rovers arrogance with the matter is what annoys me the most. For some people, buying a £40k car is a drop in the ocean, for others, financial planning is necessary and timing is key. This news has completely ruined my day. I cancelled an existing order with another dealer as it was still in the 'holding pool' and confirmed an order with a dealer who had an available build. The day after my order was placed a build date of the 28th October was confirmed which worked for me perfectly.

Every time I find out my car is delayed, im the one making the phone call. LR sent out a memo asking for the dealers to be proactive yet theyre unable to do that themselves. My wife is so pee'd off she told me to cancel and get a different car - trouble is, nothing compares and LR knows this allowing them to do what they want and act how they want.

All these excuses are absolute bull, im seeing cars come forward and others put back with no consistency. I wish LR would just be honest about all this.

Im sure one of you will respond saying "sit tight, theres a light at the end of the tunnel"' the question is, how long is the tunnel?

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
03-11-2011 10:59pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: So disappointed. Shame on you LR

I certainly sympathise after my own build date slipped by 8 - 10 weeks. Land Rover are hopeless and this is the worst car buying experience of my life. The best part of getting my car will not be getting my car but putting this whole dismal process behind me.

Edit: I think you were dealing with the same woman at LR that I was, a colleague of Nick who promised to get back to me the following week. Never did, completely useless.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2011 12:10am by mark_n.)
04-11-2011 12:07am
The Valeter

I posted this reply in another thread (the wrong thread lol).

I am giving Landrover a second chance buy buying the Evoque. I was speaking with a person from the Chief Executive's office 2 days ago just to get them to email my dealer the details of a monetry voucher I had been offered as the original sender of the email had left. I told him that I was giving them a second chance, he asked the problem & I said the service from Customer Services & Landrover Customer Relations was so bad I couldn't repeat the words I was spewing out at that time, I went on to state that at one point I was so angry with LRCS that I told them I would drive my FL2 to the factory gates, set fire to it & post it on Youtube. The reply I got at the time from LRCS to that remark was just a measily "That would be rather silly" But it would not have done them any favours had I done it!!
Problem I had with the 2 departments was being pushed from pillar to post, not getting return phone calls after being promised, technical department that couldn't answer technical or feature questions but worst of all be told lies & it was that bit that made me exceptionally angry! I just wish at that time I had recorded the phone calls....

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
04-11-2011 12:20am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

I think we are all in the same boat. We want the car but LR couldnt give a T***. I would cancel my order tomorrow but know if I do there are hundred's of others waiting to take my slot. It is by far the worse car buying experience ever and after this I will never by a LR again. I put my depost down back in March 2011, with a hope to getting in in Aug, which slipped to Nov to Dec and now I heard 19 Jan 2012.

If only they were honest about the delays and told us up front I'm sure we wouldnt be complaining, its more fustrating when they dont bother to reply, and you know they have read your email.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
04-11-2011 12:41am
DDX

In a way, it's comforting that I'm not the only one, but, also makes it worse as they can't please everyone. The lady at LR said they have 200 Evoque delay cases open.

Agree with all of you but Mark really hit the nail on the head, I too just want the car to put this whole saga behind me.

I hope someone from LR is reading it, but then again, they've had more than enough time and chances to deal with these matters.

Evoque 5dr Dynamic SD4 Auto, Fuji/Vortex, 20" Style 7's, Panoramic Roof, Ebony Headlining, Keyless Entry, Premium Mats, Heated S/W, Park Assist, Power Tailgate, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel

Very Happy ARRIVED Very Happy
04-11-2011 06:56am
vinda

Worse car experience in my life. I've had all sorts of class cars from budget to luxury and this is the worst. Can't believe that such a brand cares so little about customer care. When I collected my car they told my I would get a survey on their service and added at the end that it doesn't matter to them one bit how I fill it out!
05-11-2011 12:07am
mark_n

I think LR are the last bastion of all that was wrong with the British motor industry in the 60s, 70s and 80s. The product may have improved out of all recognition but the ingrained attitudes in Land Rover, carefully passed on and instilled into each new generation of employees, remain. There is a serious Attitude Problem and an arrogance which defies belief. You can just imagine the Champagne corks popping when, each year, LR comes bottom of the reliability survey. They will argue that someone has to and are proud to be awarded this accolade.

Can't decide which are worse, the dealers (who cannot help themselves) or LR for failing to address, still less fix the problem.

The dealer attitude over the survey is predictable and unforgivable. They go through the motions but ultimately don't care one jot. Those of us who were persuaded to set aside our prejudices about this old manufacturing bulldog by the glossy films were clearly mistaken.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
05-11-2011 06:42am
WB
WB

It really feels like one or some of those suffering should get together and write to the Head of LR or Tata the parent company. Someone very senior needs to be made aware as I would guess that LR think thyve done the right thing (which in my opinion they have) however the dealers treat it as totally discretionary and are largely unwilling to so anything that eats into their margins.

In my experience a letter to the MD or chairman's office goes a long way and as the issues have already featured in Autocar they are likely to respond.

Just my thoughts.
05-11-2011 10:28am
EVO PUNDITT

(05-11-2011 10:28am)wbessada Wrote:  It really feels like one or some of those suffering should get together and write to the Head of LR or Tata the parent company. Someone very senior needs to be made aware as I would guess that LR think thyve done the right thing (which in my opinion they have) however the dealers treat it as totally discretionary and are largely unwilling to so anything that eats into their margins.

In my experience a letter to the MD or chairman's office goes a long way and as the issues have already featured in Autocar they are likely to respond.

Just my thoughts.

I agree,maybe it is time for some sort of action, but I doubt it will make much difference.

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
05-11-2011 11:19am
paulus599

(05-11-2011 11:19am)EVO PUNDITT Wrote:  I agree,maybe it is time for some sort of action, but I doubt it will make much difference.

Me neither, but quite happy to add my name and give it a go.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
05-11-2011 11:34am