Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So I saw the different leather swatches.....
hybris

RE: So I saw the different leather swatches.....

The leather in the Dynamic is great. If you add the sport chairs even cooler.

The exhaust pipes on the pure and prestige is just plain ugly so could never buy one that looks like that. Totally destroys the looks of the car. Wink

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
07-10-2011 03:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
lulu101

(07-10-2011 11:10am)Rootsboy Wrote:  I only saw the leather in the prestige compared to the dynamic the other day for the first time, and for me the leather in the prestige looked nicer, and it looked like it would handle the job just as well as the dynamic if not better.

but view aspect is alway personal, as for wear and tear only time will tell.

in fact while we are talking about leather, does any one have any thoughts on how they will be keeping it clean. which product etc.
i already know to steer well clear of baby wipes, and maybe just using damp cloths at time to keep it hydrated is better. any ideas?

Why not baby wipes? lots of people have told me that they are great for cleaning the leather interior! at home I have always used leather conditioner or Pears Soap for my sofa's. I am having almond espresso interior, so any tips on keeping it pristine will be much appreciated.

Delivered , Pure 5 door in fuji , SD4 Auto, 19" style 4 sparkle wheels, almond/espresso interior, tech pack, xenon headlights, fog lamps, rear camera, park assist, folding mirrors and mats, and last minute addition of Privacy Glass Very Happy
07-10-2011 04:27pm
Rootsboy

something to do with drying out the leather, which in turn will shorten its life.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
07-10-2011 08:07pm
Spiderman

(07-10-2011 10:04am)memota Wrote:  It wasn't the textured stuff on this post, with the wavy lines in it. Was much smoother.

Is this what you were thinking?

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dynamic-o...56#pid1556

Or not?
(07-10-2011 09:57am)Spiderman Wrote:  As a LR client who has now ordered 3 Dynamic Evoques I confirm that the recycled material used on the dashboard looks great in black, in fact it looks very much like suede & offers a nice contrast to the interior. I agree that the Perforated Leather in the Dynamic looks best, it will be much harder wearing and less likely to sagging also.

Enjoy your toys, they are great cars!

Spiderman, have you since seen the leather in the Prestige in the flesh out of interest?

Hi Memota

Yes, I have seen both in the flesh on several Evoques now & as I have a FFRR Supercharged I am used to high RR levels of luxury and didn't want my Evoque to be anything less than luxurious inside. The Prestiges leather is very smooth & luxurious for sure, however its lighter shades will be more likely to mark & sag and it is very monotone in appearance IMO. Conversely, the Dynamics Perforated leather certainly adds to the internal ambiance of the car, its a very nice contrast to the grainy leather used in this model also & the dashboards 85% recycled material blends very well, albeit I wouldn't choose an all plain black interior as the door cards will then have recycled black, perforated leather, plain leather and then the usual black plastic below, so it needs a contrasting colour of Perforated Leather to work best IMO.
My wife originally ordered a 5 door Prestige, but after driving my current 5 door Dynamic SD4 she changed her order to a Dynamic. Our initial concern about the Dynamic was it's perceived poorer finish & now having lived with mine for almost 3 weeks I am very happy with the Dynamics interior quality of finish. My next Evoque is due in Dec & although I still have time to change its spec it will also a Dynamic....and as I said my wife has also subsequently changed her Prestige order to a Dynamic also, both with SD4 engines. If you read my threads elsewhere you will discover why this keen driver and my wife have gone for the Dynamic with it's excellent AD suspension....

Good luck with your decision on what specification to choose, it's a tough one that'll no doubt give you a few sleepless nights for sure, but whatever Evoque you choose just be satisfied in knowing that this is one hellova capable and enjoyable car.

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
08-10-2011 01:26pm
memota

(08-10-2011 01:26pm)Spiderman Wrote:  
(07-10-2011 10:04am)memota Wrote:  It wasn't the textured stuff on this post, with the wavy lines in it. Was much smoother.

Is this what you were thinking?

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Dynamic-o...56#pid1556

Or not?
(07-10-2011 09:57am)Spiderman Wrote:  As a LR client who has now ordered 3 Dynamic Evoques I confirm that the recycled material used on the dashboard looks great in black, in fact it looks very much like suede & offers a nice contrast to the interior. I agree that the Perforated Leather in the Dynamic looks best, it will be much harder wearing and less likely to sagging also.

Enjoy your toys, they are great cars!

Spiderman, have you since seen the leather in the Prestige in the flesh out of interest?

Hi Memota

Yes, I have seen both in the flesh on several Evoques now & as I have a FFRR Supercharged I am used to high RR levels of luxury and didn't want my Evoque to be anything less than luxurious inside. The Prestiges leather is very smooth & luxurious for sure, however its lighter shades will be more likely to mark & sag and it is very monotone in appearance IMO. Conversely, the Dynamics Perforated leather certainly adds to the internal ambiance of the car, its a very nice contrast to the grainy leather used in this model also & the dashboards 85% recycled material blends very well, albeit I wouldn't choose an all plain black interior as the door cards will then have recycled black, perforated leather, plain leather and then the usual black plastic below, so it needs a contrasting colour of Perforated Leather to work best IMO.
My wife originally ordered a 5 door Prestige, but after driving my current 5 door Dynamic SD4 she changed her order to a Dynamic. Our initial concern about the Dynamic was it's perceived poorer finish & now having lived with mine for almost 3 weeks I am very happy with the Dynamics interior quality of finish. My next Evoque is due in Dec & although I still have time to change its spec it will also a Dynamic....and as I said my wife has also subsequently changed her Prestige order to a Dynamic also, both with SD4 engines. If you read my threads elsewhere you will discover why this keen driver and my wife have gone for the Dynamic with it's excellent AD suspension....

Good luck with your decision on what specification to choose, it's a tough one that'll no doubt give you a few sleepless nights for sure, but whatever Evoque you choose just be satisfied in knowing that this is one hellova capable and enjoyable car.

Hi Spiderman, thanks so much for the detailed and thoughtful response. I've been following your comments on your new car in particular comments on the interior. Your car does certainly look fantastic, however I'm not so sure I'm ready for the red or any of the two-tone interiors. I have considered lighter single colours but I think I'll probably go with black as I intend keeping it for 4-5 years and want it to stay as tip-top as possible.

I hear your thoughts on the mix of materials in a black Dynamic interior maybe being a bit busy. If you had to have a black interior (go with me on this.....!) would you go Prestige, or still think the Dynamic is good?

I'm also torn between the thought that the Prestige exterior is truer to the LRX, and the purist in me likes the thought that I'd be going with the original design vision, not the beefed up version. However, the Dynamic does look pretty tough..... but that's another conversation!

Maybe I should just hold off on my order until the dealer cars arrive here in Aus in November.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2011 10:29am by memota.)
09-10-2011 10:26am
Spiderman

Good Morning Memota

Good question, when I was 1st ordering I wanted the Prestiges interior with the Dynamics exterior & it's Magneride Suspension and this combination was not an available option the dilemma caused me a few sleepless nights, as doubtless it has a few others also! In the end the draw of the Dynamics exterior won & as I do not like plain black interiors I opted to go with the colourway of my existing RRE, as it gave me the clearest contrast between the Dynamics internal materials, & in the flesh this colourway looks much, much better than I was anticipating & I like the red stitching on the seating, doors and dashboard as when the Dynamic setting is chosen via the Terrain Response and all of the interior lighting turns red the interior of the car then flows seamlessly.

Getting back to your question, if I had to go all black in a Dynamic I would definately upgrade to the Dynamic Plus's full leather interior, as the black recycled material in the standard Dynamic only works with contrasting colours such as the colourway in my current RRE, if you went all black in a standard Dynamic I believe the black recycled material is at complete odds & doesn't look right aside the black perforated leather of door cards or the plain black grained leather on the door armrests/door pulls.....so if you are going all black I'd advise you go with the full leather option!

I'd also advise you deposit on a RRE just now to get ahead in the queue as you will be able to change it's model/spec for sure if the Aus system uses the same ordering model as in the UK.

Quit work - Get some stuff - Go somewhere - Have some fun
09-10-2011 11:43am
speary

I have ordered a Pure with Black interior but am now thinking that the Almond/Espresso might look nice with the white exterior. Has anybody got this combination.
I was looking at one with an Ivory interior in the showroom the other week and the drivers seat had turned pale blue from people getting in and out with jeans on. Not good

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
(This post was last modified: 10-10-2011 08:52am by speary.)
10-10-2011 08:52am
lulu101

(10-10-2011 08:52am)speary Wrote:  I have ordered a Pure with Black interior but am now thinking that the Almond/Espresso might look nice with the white exterior. Has anybody got this combination.
I was looking at one with an Ivory interior in the showroom the other week and the drivers seat had turned pale blue from people getting in and out with jeans on. Not good

I have ordered the almond espresso interior for my Pure Fuji SD4 auto, I haven't seen it in the flesh, just the swatches, but did test drive a prestige with ivory interior and loved the whole light and neutral look Smile

Delivered , Pure 5 door in fuji , SD4 Auto, 19" style 4 sparkle wheels, almond/espresso interior, tech pack, xenon headlights, fog lamps, rear camera, park assist, folding mirrors and mats, and last minute addition of Privacy Glass Very Happy
10-10-2011 06:10pm
pureevoque

I have chosen Fuji with almond espresso interior, i think the black interior looks to VAG and the Cirrus a cleaning nightmare

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
10-10-2011 08:22pm
The Valeter

(07-10-2011 08:07pm)Rootsboy Wrote:  something to do with drying out the leather, which in turn will shorten its life.

Use Autoglym (or similar) Interior Cleaner. Spray it on to a Microfibre pad & wipe over the seat. Use a clean synthetic leather to dry off the seat. Do this periodically - i.e when you notice it looking a little grubby as it will clean up easily.
After about a year treat with a leather cream/feed - i.e Autoglym Leather care Cream.
Do not use washing up liquid on a cloth! Whilst this will clean well it will ruin the leather & paintwork if you use it to wash the car.

I bought a new in 2005 Geneva show car MG ZT-T190SE (Monogram). It had the full cream Nappa leather sports seats, looked stunning. our son was 3 at the time we bought it which was predominantly as a show car, the leather looked as good when we parted (sadly) with the car as it did when I first viewed it in the showroom!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2011 12:56am by The Valeter.)
11-10-2011 12:53am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply