Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Snorkel
spacecowboy

Snorkel

Just joined, anyone found a Snorkel kit for Evoque yet?

Black 5 door TD4 Pure with style pack, debadged, privacy glass, black headlining.
12-05-2012 09:52am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: Snorkel

Welcome space cowboy,
Unlike Discovery,Full fat RR etc. The side vents on the Evoque are just trim, which don't do anything apart from looking very nice Smile
Not looked to see there the air filter is under the bonnet, but I would guess that to fit a snorkel kit would mean cutting the body panels about Confused

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
12-05-2012 08:08pm
rchrdleigh

There is no snorkel kit for an Evoque, just as there is no snorkel kit for a Freelander 2 either.
Think you'll find that the air intake is in one of the side vents, as it is in the Freelander but I'm happy to be corrected.
12-05-2012 10:00pm
doug

(12-05-2012 10:00pm)rchrdleigh Wrote:  There is no snorkel kit for an Evoque, just as there is no snorkel kit for a Freelander 2 either.
Think you'll find that the air intake is in one of the side vents, as it is in the Freelander but I'm happy to be corrected.

I had the the side vents off to have then spayed & there just for show, there's no air supply duct behind them.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
12-05-2012 10:32pm
Jonathon555

The air intake is on the very top of the engine, passenger side iirc

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
13-05-2012 09:48am
griff

(13-05-2012 09:48am)Jonathon555 Wrote:  The air intake is on the very top of the engine, passenger side iirc
Spot on. It's above the left hand wheel arch and is protected by its own seal to prevent water ingress.
It's quite a small intake, flattened to about 1cm depth and about 10cm length.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
13-05-2012 10:15am
broady43

I drove through a ford in the floods a couple of weeks ago.The water was just under the top of the bonnet,I nearly had a heart attack but the Evoque just plodded along!

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
13-05-2012 10:15pm
spacecowboy

Thanks for the detail, might see if I can butcher one off something else to see what it looks like, more look than function.....?

Black 5 door TD4 Pure with style pack, debadged, privacy glass, black headlining.
14-05-2012 08:45pm
smayo

If you need the functionality of a snorkel then fine, but why ruin the look off the car with a fake one?

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
15-05-2012 10:00am
invoke

(13-05-2012 10:15pm)broady43 Wrote:  I drove through a ford in the floods a couple of weeks ago.The water was just under the top of the bonnet,I nearly had a heart attack but the Evoque just plodded along!

Wonder if water can enter from rear exhaust or there is any valve type mechanism to prevent?

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
15-05-2012 01:24pm