Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Slight imperfection
Teetree

Slight imperfection

I've had my Evoque since sept 12 and have had none of the problems so frequently mentioned on this forum however on collection day I noticed the slight malformed plastic on the steering wheel. i did inform the salesman about it.Is it OTT of me or unreasonable to want this replaced? I've emailed Williams Manchester several times now including the dealer principle and no reply! Obviously they must think it trivial and ignored me??

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
09-01-2013 06:29pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
EpicEvo

Slight imperfection

Seems rather rude not to get a reply. I would pay them a visit personally. You paid for perfect buddy. I expect nothing less when I collect at the end of this month. I will have to have a sharp eye on collection day but knowing my luck it will snow!!
09-01-2013 06:44pm
Teetree

Slight imperfection

(09-01-2013 06:44pm)EpicEvo Wrote:  Seems rather rude not to get a reply. I would pay them a visit personally. You paid for perfect buddy. I expect nothing less when I collect at the end of this month. I will have to have a sharp eye on collection day but knowing my luck it will snow!!

Yea keep a sharp eye! I told them there and then in the hope they can't come back and say I damaged it. As for perfection , no such thing I realise but at 35k I would expect better. It's in such an obvious place too! Might have to try LR customer services next

Fuji Pure SD4 Auto 5door, powered tailgate, front sensors, rear camera , pano roof, heated steering wheel, front fogs, xenons, spare wheel, 19" diamond turned alloys
09-01-2013 06:54pm
WB
WB

RE: Slight imperfection

Just take it the service dept who will probably be more than happy to bill LR for the warranty repair
09-01-2013 08:51pm
cjh

Definitely get it sorted, I wouldn't accept it. The real problem for me would be that I would always notice it an feel dissatisfied.

Ordered Oct 2012: Dynamic SD4, Firenze Red, Indus Pano, Gloss black strata, Ebony headlining
Aeroflip, Verve interior, Keyless entry, Powered Tailgate, Surround cameras, High beam assist, Heated steering wheel
09-01-2013 09:30pm
mark_n

FYI, that switch module is available separately from the complete steering wheel, costs £66 + VAT. Double that for fitting. I would get it sorted.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
10-01-2013 08:13am