Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Skiing trip
KMW

Skiing trip

The new baby is now back in the North West after our holiday in the French Alps. It was a good test for her, motorways, country roads, mountain passes and heavy snow all with a full load on. The Evoque was superb and it was great to get to know her. She never missed a beat and i found her very quiet on the autoroute and no wind noise to complain about. The boys in the back enjoyed the Pan Roof which gave them a feeling of light and space which i feel is a great extra to have if you are often likely to have passengers in the back. The ride in my opinion was very good, as i was a little unsure about going for the 20" wheels but i really liked the look of them and now i am really glad i chose them. We had a lot of snow while we were there and i have to say she coped fantastically. No winters needed, while cars were stopped putting chains on we just cruised past them. Boot isn't big, but we knew that, 2 medium suitcases a sports bag and coats and you are full! Sat nav and radio etc is excellent and the voice command thingy works pretty well after your voice training session, which my kids thought was hilariousLaughing Heated windscreen was great! Loving the puddle lights and the ambience interior and the mood lighting.... great!
While we were there we drove to the slopes every day which were very short trips and a slightly longer journey one day, mpg was 30.2 but on the motorway legs we got 33.9. As soon as you get to 80 and above the mpg does go down quite dramatically. We had a full load on and we had long stretches sat at 90 but its still a little disappointing. I had an XC90 6 years ago that did 31mpg, so i will looking for some improvement.
One thing..........my interior lights don't come on when the doors open or in the bootWink

Arrived 22nd Dec 5 door Prestige sd4 auto, sumatra, ambience, pan roof, 20" style 6 wheels
11-01-2012 09:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

RE: Skiing trip

Owners Manual page 41 Wrote:Touch the lens for two seconds to deactivate/activate automatic illumination.
Laughing

Seriously though, great feedback, and it sounds like it performed well... my waiting patience is wearing thin now!
11-01-2012 09:39am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
KMW

RE: Skiing trip

(11-01-2012 09:39am)RacingSnake Wrote:  Laughing

Seriously though, great feedback, and it sounds like it performed well... my waiting patience is wearing thin now!

oops!!Embarrassed
11-01-2012 05:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply