Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Shipping time & tracking of ship
barks

RE: Shipping time & tracking of ship

(15-05-2012 02:34am)chiggy Wrote:  congrats Barks!

whereabouts are you located?

I'm in Melbourne (actually Berwick), picking up from Lance Dixon Doncaster, mine was on the Figaro too. Docked in Melbourne on the 5th, tracking said delivered (I assume passed thru Customs) on the 10th, dealer took delivery on Monday 14th.

2012 SD4 Pure Orkney Grey, Almond Espresso Interior, Tech Pack, Clear View Pack, Style 6 Wheels, Heated Seats, Rear Cam, pano Roof.
15-05-2012 10:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Neo

(15-05-2012 10:12pm)barks Wrote:  I'm in Melbourne (actually Berwick), picking up from Lance Dixon Doncaster, mine was on the Figaro too. Docked in Melbourne on the 5th, tracking said delivered (I assume passed thru Customs) on the 10th, dealer took delivery on Monday 14th.

Wow, that's a fast turn around from Customs to the dealer! Up in Sydney the estimate for the same is 2-3 weeks!

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
16-05-2012 12:56am
fl07

(16-05-2012 12:56am)Neo Wrote:  Wow, that's a fast turn around from Customs to the dealer! Up in Sydney the estimate for the same is 2-3 weeks!

haha yup... still waiting...... still no firm date... think this wait is worse than the wait for the build and the ship.. so close!
16-05-2012 03:00am
Neo

So close but yet so far???

DW, I still have 90 days to go before mine is delivered (seems like an eternity)!

SD4 Dynamic, Fuji white 5 door
Pano roof, Adaptive Dynamics, style 7 wheels, auto tailgate, reverse camera, rear vents

Ordered: April 2012 | Built: June 2012 | Delivered: 14 August 2012
16-05-2012 05:39am
fl07

Quick update:

Alto Sydney

landed port kembla 8th May, was told last friday 18th May it will arrive at their Mt kuringai holding facility on 21st May, 48hr turnaround once it arrives.

not holding my breath. I'm expecting another 2 weeks so I will hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

No contact from sales staff, have been updated by Finance Manager David Kevern when I call him. Good bloke, got me a good deal on finance and extended warranty, and now appears to be doing the sales staff job ;p
22-05-2012 03:02am
TiTan

Mine is going to head into the Suez Canal tomorrow - then fingers crossed it makes it past the Somali pirate coast after that Laughing
22-05-2012 03:15am
RedSi4

Hi fl07, it took 4 weeks from the time my car arrived at Port Kembla until it was ready for pickup (arrived 14th April, was ready to pickup on May 11th)....this was through Trivett Alexandria. They claimed that Land Rover's systems had been playing up which caused some delays.

David Kevern is a top bloke, I financed my previous car through him (an Audi) and decided to go back to him even though I was buying from another dealer...he made the whole finance process easy.

It'll be worth the wait!! Very Happy

(22-05-2012 03:02am)fl07 Wrote:  Quick update:

Alto Sydney

landed port kembla 8th May, was told last friday 18th May it will arrive at their Mt kuringai holding facility on 21st May, 48hr turnaround once it arrives.

not holding my breath. I'm expecting another 2 weeks so I will hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

No contact from sales staff, have been updated by Finance Manager David Kevern when I call him. Good bloke, got me a good deal on finance and extended warranty, and now appears to be doing the sales staff job ;p
22-05-2012 03:17am
chiggy

(22-05-2012 03:15am)TiTan Wrote:  Mine is going to head into the Suez Canal tomorrow - then fingers crossed it makes it past the Somali pirate coast after that Laughing

that was my biggest worry!

I don't think I could handle it if they stole my car... as funny as it would be. good luck!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
22-05-2012 03:17am
TiTan

(22-05-2012 03:17am)chiggy Wrote:  that was my biggest worry!

I don't think I could handle it if they stole my car... as funny as it would be. good luck!

heh, some of my friends have taken great delight in explaining what a good looking "technical" my car would make for some Somali warlord Laughing
22-05-2012 04:03am
chiggy

(22-05-2012 04:03am)TiTan Wrote:  heh, some of my friends have taken great delight in explaining what a good looking "technical" my car would make for some Somali warlord Laughing

my whole family and friends couldn't stop laughing at the fact that It may get stolen and that some somali pirate would be driving an evoque and I would still have to wait another 6 months to get mine.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
22-05-2012 04:16am