Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Service contract prices
Wife's car

Service contract prices

I have just been quoted £924.47 for a 3 year service plan for my new Evoque, it's supposed to be a reduced price Because the dealer messed up on ordering my vehicle.

Have any others taken out service plans, is this a good deal?

Any views appreciated
08-01-2013 03:30pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Service contract prices

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Service-P...ht=Service

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-3-Year-Se...ht=Service

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Service-p...ht=Service

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Servicing...ht=Service

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
08-01-2013 03:36pm
PhilSkill

(08-01-2013 03:30pm)Wifes car Wrote:  I have just been quoted £924.47 for a 3 year service plan for my new Evoque, it's supposed to be a reduced price Because the dealer messed up on ordering my vehicle.

Have any others taken out service plans, is this a good deal?

Any views appreciated

It's a reasonable price for what the dealers charge and likely to save you bothering to negotiate a discount with them.

S1 : £287
S2 : £350
S3 : £287
= £924

So a reasonable price give the cost some have been paying as you'll see in the threads cjfp points out!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
08-01-2013 03:49pm
Wife's car

Tried ringing another local dealer today the £924 quoted by the dealer doing me a special deal is a standard 3 year deal around these parts. So much for trying to make up for the cock up ordering the car.

I have to say that my first experience with land rover dealers has been unpleasant to say the least, the two I have had dealings with have been appalling.
09-01-2013 04:36pm
WB
WB

I hope you go back and tell them that. If the dealer messed up your order they should be offering you real compensation not just taking more money from you! Be firm and talk to the dealer principal and LR customer services if you're not happy with their offer.

What was the mess up out of interest?
09-01-2013 04:41pm
Wife's car

I have spoken to the dealer principle he said his staff had failed me and he hoped he could win me back by offering me a goodwill deal on my service contract, it appears that they have not.

I will be speaking to him again, but have lost faith in this dealers now.

It wasn't a cock up as such, the salesman dealing with us, said " if you don't buy one now someone will buy one from me this afternoon", he had offered us a derisory offer for our px and we were questioning it, to which he made that comment.

The dealership prided itself on valuing each customer, that comment showed different as does the quote for service contract.

We bought from a rival dealer that same day.
09-01-2013 05:11pm
Wife's car

Update on this spectacular offer, when I informed the dealer principle of the offer made he came back with the comment that they had given me a 30% discount on the standard price.

I then pointed out that this was not true and that a friend had rung the dealers with the same information and was quoted the same price as I had been.

Guess what he had no answer to that.....in fact he has stopped communication all together.

Should I name and shame the dealer.....it's almost criminal deception, or they think that they can con land rover buyers.
11-01-2013 09:22pm
Daigriff

Name and shame Smile

FWIW I paid £370 last week for a service at Hunters LR Chester. Very courteous and did pretty much what I asked except for a couple of things. i didnt ask for a courtecy car as they said theyd drop me off for a meeting I had locally then pick me up later. Fine i thought except when i rang they had noone available to pick me up so I had to walk back in the rain to collect my car which was just over a mile!!!

This would not have happened with my wife's Mini dealer or my Toyota dealer for my previous car.

As a newby to the brand I have my doubts whether they will retain my business going forward.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
12-01-2013 12:09pm