Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Seriously thinking of ordering soon
Richchad

Seriously thinking of ordering soon

Think it is time to give up my lovely Range Rover Sport and get an Evoque..

Have been looking for a while now and have sort of narrowed it down to an Auto Dynamic 5 door in Firenze Red with Vortex Ebony leather, Lux Pack, Heated Steering Wheel, Privacy Glass, Pano roof and spare wheel.

I was originally thinking of a Prestige as heard it was more luxury but having looked at them all, I like the look of the Dynamic with its black grilles etc. I am a little worried if it is a harder ride than the Prestige, only test driven a Prestige so far.

Is the Dynamic suspension much different to Prestige, if I don't select Dynamic setting is it the same as Presige other than 20" wheels rather than 19" Question

Is the Solar Attenuating Glass worth having, does it keep car cool, will it effect my GPS speed detectorQuestion

I am thinking of not bothering with adaptive Headlamps and Auto High Beam Assist as don't do much night driving.

If you don't select cigarette lighter where do I plug in my speed detector which has a cigarette lighter plug Question

All answers greatly appreciated Very Happy

(This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 02:01pm by Richchad.)
01-03-2012 11:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ranger4

RE: Seriously thinking of ordering soon

I can't answer all of these points, but I just got my dynamic today and wanted to reassure you that the ride is fantastic. I've been driving around in normal mode all day long and am over the moon - it feels very, agile, light and nimble. You should definitely get some lengthy test drives in soon and compare for yourself.

I did test drive the Prestiges and Dynamics, several times and found that they were equally as good as each other in normal mode apart from the slightly softer 19" wheels/tyres. (All the Prestiges I drove had AD, which I think is an option?)

I didn't realise there was a smokers option, so therefore I haven't got it. However, in the centre console/compartment I still have the power socket but without the cigarette lighting bit - so you could power your speed detector there!

Hope some of this helps. Spend some quality time test driving and getting the spec right and when your car finally arrives you'll have the biggest smile on your face ever!

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2012 10:04pm by Ranger4.)
01-03-2012 10:03pm
Richchad

Thanks for the info Ranger4, most helpful regarding the Dynamic ride, I certainly will get some test drives soon.

With regard to the power socket in the centre console, is there any other sockets elsewhere do you know only with my RRSport I plugged the dector into a socket in the back of the centre console where cigarette lighter was located for rear passengers, just that it allowed me to hide the cable a bit better rather than dangling across centre console?

01-03-2012 10:38pm
Ranger4

There's the one in the centre console bit (under the black slidey lid thingy) and there's definitely one in the boot too on the left hand side. I'll have a look again tomorrow and let you know if I find any more. I haven't done a proper check of the car yet or even set foot in the back, due to the fact that I just couldn't stop driving it today! More driving tomorrow, but dedicating some time to checks, photos and 'socket hunting'!

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
01-03-2012 11:39pm
The Valeter

I guess the easiest answer to the problem of having the cable looking untidy would be to drive within the speed limits & there is no need for a detector.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
01-03-2012 11:45pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Richchad

(01-03-2012 11:39pm)Ranger4 Wrote:  There's the one in the centre console bit (under the black slidey lid thingy) and there's definitely one in the boot too on the left hand side. I'll have a look again tomorrow and let you know if I find any more. I haven't done a proper check of the car yet or even set foot in the back, due to the fact that I just couldn't stop driving it today! More driving tomorrow, but dedicating some time to checks, photos and 'socket hunting'!

Thanks Ranger4, will look forward to seeing photos...

(01-03-2012 11:45pm)The Valeter Wrote:  I guess the easiest answer to the problem of having the cable looking untidy would be to drive within the speed limits & there is no need for a detector.

Thanks for stating the obvious, but life isn't that simple, that is where the speed detector helps, it prompts you where there maybe a camera or possible mobile camera and reminds you what the limit is for that road which isn't always clear on some roads.

(This post was last modified: 02-03-2012 11:16am by Richchad.)
02-03-2012 09:04am
Richchad

Took another test drive today but this time in a Dynamic, had a Prestige before, can't say I noticed a lot of difference between them as far as ride comfort, even with Dynamic mode selected, which was what I was worried about..

One thing I did notice was that the side sills on the Dynamic protrude more than the Prestige so when getting out the back of my jeans touched the sill, so if muddy wouldn't be great... anyone else noticed this or am I being too picky.. lol

Talked figures with the dealer, it all comes down to what they will offer me for my RRSport....they said worst senario would be in 6 months time the value would be about 33k..!

This was a bit of a shock as it is a Nov 2009 HSE model with only 10,000 on the clock, still like new really...

Had to admit it felt nice and comfortable when I got back into the Sport but guess it can't be the same with a smaller car and it would be just a matter of getting used to the Evoque.

20-03-2012 04:06pm