Poll: can TATA handle Luxury brand like JLR?
This poll is closed.
yes 57.14% 4 57.14%
no 42.86% 3 42.86%
Total 7 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Serious doubt 'can TATA handle luxury brand like JLR'
raj

Serious doubt 'can TATA handle luxury brand like JLR'

[attachment=1232][attachment=1232]On arrival at showroom in the late evening I was informed that the Rim was damaged on the way to showroom and will be changed by jlr.

Subsequently, I informed the dealership of the following issues and ask for inspection.

Polish and surface issues as shown to them (front and rear bumper water mark/fade color and a paint brush touch up)
Scratch on the dashboard aluminum strip
Key scratch
Proper pdi to be done as the tyre pressure and other things were not checked at the time of delivery (tyre pressure was 45-50 in all the tyres)
Rear left cabin light not working
boot door paint damage on the inside edges.
I was assured that all the issues are being raised with the JLR and will we resolved in some time.

Subsequently Mr Rishi visited me and assured me the same.

I was quite convinced by Mr Mukherjee and Mr Rishi as they were quite humble and accepted the issues as they understand the value of JLR brand.

I received a call From Mr Mukerjee of Lexus motor that the rim has arrived and requested me to send the car to workshop to get it replaced.

I requested the dealership to pickup the car on 2nd morning and the same was done by Mr Rout.

All the issues were again shown to Mr Rout and were noted on the delivery letter.

I also requested for the cell no of Service head and called him to explain the issues and requesting him to take care and resolve whatever is in his hand only without any further complication.

He assured me that he will take proper care and Mr Mukherjee will also visit the workshop to inspect all the raised issue.

I got call on 3rd from Mr Goswami (service head) that he has done the following and shown the car to Mr Mukherjee :

Rim replaced
Side Door strip alignment done.
Polish done
Rear cabin light done.

He and Mr Mukherjee also confirmed that the other issues will be raised with JLR as they were out of their Purview.

I received the car on 3rd late evening.

Next morning was a horror for me and I got a shock of my life when I saw that :
The range rover signage (front and back ) was grind when they were trying to do the polish with the machine and the inside black color layer in corners are visible.
Roof and dashboard is having all hand marks and full of dirt after the cabin light was repaired .

I called Mr Mukherjee and advised him to come asap to see the same.

He reached with Mr Goswami and his polish team at 2pm and accepted the above.

The polish team who are not trained was again using a red cloth generally used by taxi guys and ordinary cars.(picture attached to clean the roof and light color interiors).

I believe that Evoque is one of the best cars but I made a mistake as no proper trained people /dealership is here at least in kolkata.

I was advise that we will get the new signage fixed , bumpers painted ,keys changed and Dahboard aluminum strip changed .

But why do I accept such product when I have paid for a luxury brand like Range rover with full Value paid not less than a month.

its just like 'i slit your brand new armani suit and ask the person to get it stiched and you pay for it.'

is it so simple!!!

Why is your kolkata dealership having such unskilled service guys and learning at the cost of customers like us.

Your kolkata dealership are good for selling nothing more than indic a or sumo.

I am frustrated with these incidence and left me with a very bad taste for TATA motors ability to handle such a fine luxury machines.

addon to my worry:
i have e mailed many TATA officials about this problem number of times but not got any reply till date.
I am shocked to experience this behavior with TATA group- lead by one of the greatest visionary of India "Mr Ratan Tata"

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 18-01-2012 06:01pm by raj.)
18-01-2012 05:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

RE: Serious doubt 'can TATA handle luxury brand like JLR'

I think this is more to do with your dealer rather than tata.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
18-01-2012 06:24pm
raj

RE: Serious doubt 'can TATA handle luxury brand like JLR'

@j77 ....i agree to your point but even the training and matching the JLR standard is responciblityof TATA.
these guys are not selling commodity...
moreover if you have noted ....few major defects are from the day of delivery...
dealer has added to the problem and made it worst...
18-01-2012 06:33pm