Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Second Service time already
benzina

RE: Second Service time already

Thanks spif888, yes please keep us posted on what they have to say. Just looked at my bill,and their is no mention of hour much an hour they charge for labour, which is something i think most workshops used to do,and should do.
I'll question that on Tuesday when i go back to have my lumba support fixed on warranty.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
01-02-2014 10:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

So i had the boss of the service department investigate my bill, as it seemed excessive, particularly now that i got to compare with others on here, and here is the result.....

Original price paid including labour - Standard Second year service charge = $1260.
- Replace rear brake pads = $460.

Revised price including labour charge - Standard Second year service charge = $855
- Replace rear brake pads = $371

MASSIVE difference alright! They were very apologetic (will get a cheque back for the difference tomorrow) ,and said the problem was the labour was completely overcharged somehow through the computer and all (yes always best to blame the computer). How do these things happen, and seem to always be on the overcharge side....ALWAYS, Mmmm.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 04-02-2014 06:22am by benzina.)
04-02-2014 06:21am
Wife's car

(04-02-2014 06:21am)benzina Wrote:  So i had the boss of the service department investigate my bill, as it seemed excessive, particularly now that i got to compare with others on here, and here is the result.....

Original price paid including labour - Standard Second year service charge = $1260.

Revised price including labour charge - Standard Second year service charge = $855

MASSIVE difference alright! They were very apologetic (will get a cheque back for the difference tomorrow) ,and said the problem was the labour was completely overcharged somehow through the computer and all (yes always best to blame the computer). How do these things happen, and seem to always be on the overcharge side....ALWAYS, Mmmm.

So the drinks are on you BenzinaVery Happy
04-02-2014 10:29am
spif888

(04-02-2014 06:21am)benzina Wrote:  So i had the boss of the service department investigate my bill, as it seemed excessive, particularly now that i got to compare with others on here, and here is the result.....

Hi Benzina

Well your negotiation skills must be a lot better than mine.

I spoke to the service manager at Austral Landrover Brisbane today about the charges for my second service. I highlighted the fact that the Gold Coast quoted me $1200 for the same job and about what happened with you in Perth.

His expanation was that yes their labour charges are highr than the Gold Coast & Perth's because their dealership is in the city and thus have higher rents/costs.

He did offer me a voucher for $150 to use on my next service. I politely declined and said I would take my business to the Giold Coast where I would probably save more than $150 on my next service.

I also told him that when I buy my new landrover (next year), I will be driving down to the Gold Coast to buy it. Haven't seen too many pictures but from what I have seen - the new Discovery Sport looks quite appealing.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
05-02-2014 01:17am
benzina

Hi spif888,

It's good you declined his pathetic $150 voucher for that rubbish he gave you. When i got that huge bill last week upon collecting my car, i questioned the guy behind the desk about the labour charged being seemingly extremely excessive,and he gave me the bullshit about the brakes and the car being complicated etc etc, and this is why the job takes so long.
But also the thing that irritates me, is that why didn't an alarm bell ring in his head on wether that second year service charge was right or wrong....he should have known what the standard cost was, and in my case, the difference was a massive $400.
When i took it to the service manager yesterday,he knew it wasn't correct immediately, and said he would investigate. I also gave him something substantial to think about, as before i went in, i called the only other LD dealership here in Perth (also owned by the same person), and asked them to quote my job....these guys were the ones that gave me the check-mate i needed. They said second year service was approx $790, and rear brake pads were $355 all including labour and GST.
Just as an exercise....you should email a few other main LD dealerships in capital city's around Australia, and ask them to quote you on that same job.

(This post was last modified: 05-02-2014 02:31am by benzina.)
05-02-2014 02:28am
simonc

2nd service time for me too and just got a couple of quotes from my local dealers. Taggart's in Glasgow opened the bidding at £410 (which they said had been discounted from £450), and Park's in Ayr have said they could do it for £350. Will give Taggart's a ring back to see if they are willing to match or beat Park's. This is for the Si4 and currently done 28,000 coming up on the 2 year anniversary.

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
20-02-2014 04:33pm
speary

I am coming up to 2 years and 30,000 miles. My dealer, a Williams Manchester have quoted me £418 incl vat
I am now shopping round as that is too expensive. It's £120 more than I paid for my 1st service. All I can see they do additional to the 1st service is a fuel filter change and they look at more things. Maybe they look at things for a bit longer or use a technician with better eyesight to justify it silly prices.

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
25-02-2014 02:32pm
cjfp

My original quote was £592! - got it down to £399 with my providing my own oil.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
25-02-2014 02:50pm
fam1x

(25-02-2014 02:50pm)cjfp Wrote:  My original quote was £592! - got it down to £399 with my providing my own oil.

Does the £399 include the cost of the oil you provided or is that on top cjfp?

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
25-02-2014 03:52pm
cjfp

(25-02-2014 03:52pm)fam1x Wrote:  Does the £399 include the cost of the oil you provided or is that on top cjfp?

£399 to dealer - additional cost of oil was £62 (inc vat + delivery) from Opie Oils.

Slightly sweetened by me being an 'undercover customer' for LR this time and them paying me £100 for it.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 25-02-2014 04:33pm by cjfp.)
25-02-2014 04:32pm