Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Seats always down?
Beopaul

Seats always down?

Looking at getting an Evoque. We'd be leaving the back seats folded down 98% of the time. Would this be hard on the back cushions and deform them, or would it be no problem?
16-07-2013 09:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Seats always down?

Be aware that they don't lay completely flat. Given this, I assume this means that the cushions do rest on something - however, as to the long term effect of this I can't say as don't have my seats down for long periods.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-07-2013 06:36am
RacingSnake

Without a doubt you will get impressions in the seat cushions, however, they may well recover with a bit of manipulation.
The back seats in our Pinin are down pretty much all of the time and there is always a little crease/dent when I do lift them up, but it soon returns to normal. - It amazes me how new the rear seats still look! lol

The other thing to consider, is that you can remove the seat base and get the seat back to lay perfectly flat, but I can't say for sure (without removing my seat base again) to see what the seat backs are then resting on.

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
17-07-2013 09:24am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Westy

My brother in law bought a Nissan patrol where the previous owner had used bungees across the seats to hold something for a long time, never thought that they would recover, but three months later you would never have known.

I have had some quite heavy gear in my car in the back with seats folded and they still look like knew, just beware as others have mentioned that the seat backs are at an angle and not flat.

One of the happy owners, ordered June 2011, delivered Wednesday 8th February 2012, now 97000 miles. Scorpions lasted 78'000 miles.

Pure TD4 5 door, fuji white, ebony interior, Pan roof, Front fogs, spare wheel, privacy glass, towbar and black roofrails.

Cars got to go back to company March 25th 2015 Sad
(This post was last modified: 17-07-2013 06:35pm by Westy.)
17-07-2013 06:35pm
speary

If its convenient you could remove the rear seat bases to get a flat load floor

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
19-07-2013 01:35pm