Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Say What You See
MW73

Say What You See

I know the Evoque has this but as I have never had this before on any previous vechicles I wondered what you can control via this and is it any good? Thoughts.....Confused
13-06-2011 06:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Say What You See

Get out your old vhs tapes and watch recordings of "Catchphrase" - throughout the programme you'll see and hear Roy Walker harp on about "Say What You See" - I'm expecting it to be very much luck that.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-06-2011 08:56pm
Alex

(13-06-2011 06:42pm)MW73 Wrote:  I know the Evoque has this but as I have never had this before on any previous vechicles I wondered what you can control via this and is it any good? Thoughts.....Confused

Good question - and I cant believe I forgot to ask about that at the events (Evoque Live). I will have to ask at the driving day instead.

From what I have read it is supposed to be more intelligent than most voice activated car systems, right down to training it to recognise your voice, but I wonder if it can recognise or be trained to learn more than one voice (as the car will be shared between my wife and I).

Maybe try browsing the manual to see what it states...

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
13-06-2011 09:01pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

'Say What You See' (SWYS) Intuitive Voice Control*
Unlike conventional voice control systems, Range Rover’s advanced ‘Say What You See’ system learns intuitively from your past behaviour. So it can give you helpful prompts in the instrument cluster display of the commands you’re most likely to use next. The system can be ‘trained’ to recognise the accents of regular users and controls a full range of functions including: navigation, radio/satellite, radio/DAB, iPod®/USB/Auxiliary connections, CD and virtual CD multiplayer, Display and Notepad.

Love the bit about you can train it to recognise accents. Hopefully not Roy Walkers Confused
13-06-2011 09:03pm
MW73

LOL Smile
what's mr chips doing!!
It will be interesting to see if it can actually differentiate between mr/mrs?
13-06-2011 09:10pm
Kermit

(13-06-2011 09:01pm)Alex Wrote:  Maybe try browsing the manual to see what it states...

Voice control section of the manual: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5968579/evoque_m...ontrol.pdf

All manuals: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5968579/evoque_m.../index.htm
14-06-2011 02:05am
doug

My Discovery has LL voice control (not say what you see). It works phone,sat nav,stereo controls etc. All i can say is it's sh#t... you have to know all the pre-set sayings. My family use it as a game to guess what setting it will turn to after speaking to it.
The new "say what you see" should be a lot better, leaning you voice & what you say.

P.S if any one wants to buy a Discovery around Nov time. Voice control is brill. Very Happy

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
14-06-2011 10:06am
Alex

Voice control in our Kuga is rubbish, in fact on the odd occasion in using it I gave up after spending probably 10 mins trying to tell it to start the engine - sat their and no response, so gave up in the end and did it myself.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
14-06-2011 06:12pm
cjfp

(14-06-2011 06:12pm)Alex Wrote:  Voice control in our Kuga is rubbish, in fact on the odd occasion in using it I gave up after spending probably 10 mins trying to tell it to start the engine - sat their and no response, so gave up in the end and did it myself.

Sounds like a number of incidents I had with the good lady wife!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
14-06-2011 06:18pm
Kermit

(14-06-2011 06:12pm)Alex Wrote:  Voice control in our Kuga is rubbish, in fact on the odd occasion in using it I gave up after spending probably 10 mins trying to tell it to start the engine - sat their and no response, so gave up in the end and did it myself.

LaughingLaughingLaughing To hard to turn a key or press a button.
15-06-2011 01:45am