Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
SD4 Firenze Red 5 Door Presitige
Grah

SD4 Firenze Red 5 Door Presitige

The car has finally arrived! Last Friday in fact, and now 175 miles later first impressions are as follows:

1. Firenze works brilliantly - the metallic flecks give a three dimensional effect, very striking. Car size is just right - substantial but not over-powering. 

2. Window tint is noticeably dark from the outside even without the privacy glass. 

3. Spirit tan interior was a bit of a risk with red but the tan is fortunately more brown than orange so doesn't particularly clash with the external red. The brown leather is quite dark so I'm glad it's balanced with the lighter tan. Overall the interior has lots of colour, almost exotic, works well to my eyes!

4. Wood finisher is a bit dark, I might have preferred the lighter standard silver trim, but it's early days, it might grow on me. 

5. Seats are supportive and comfortable, easily adjustable. At 6' I can have good legroom in the front with the seat behind still being useable by an adult.

6. Meridian hi fi is very clear and sharp even with iPod AAC music - this is the upgraded Lux pack version but the standard system has been praised so you have to decide if the stand-alone upgrade at £995 is worth the extra cash.

7. The wing mirrors are big - lots of rear view. Both dip on reversing. I had asked the dealer to set the mirrors to fold automatically on locking, but on collecting the car they weren't. Funnily enough though, while driving through a tight gap the next day I folded the wing mirrors on the move by pressing both mirror buttons simultaneously. Subsequently, the mirrors have in folded in on locking! Might be worth having a go if you want to try to configure it yourself.

8. Keyless locking works well after a light touch almost every time. Key symbol on the door handle is on the passenger door handle, not the driver's, as if it is left hand drive - I don't know if this a mistake or just all are configured for left hand drive.

9. Voice control works well though the commands are a bit contrived - eg. "navigation zoom in 2" to see more detail.

10. There's a bit of diesel clatter on starting but this fades into e background on moving off. The auto box has slight hesitancy on starting off, but is generally smooth with a bit of odd gear-hunting but overall works well. There is useful overtaking acceleration. Inside it is quiet with a bit of wind noise above around 70.

11. Adaptive dampers on dynamic mode gives very flat cornering, almost sports car like and is a definite plus. Ride on both dynamic and normal modes is supple and forgiving, knocks do not get transmitted into the inside, there's a little bounciness in normal mode.

12. MPG so far on the trip computer is ... 26! This is after mixed town and open road driving, fairly restrained up to 80 mph and with some overtaking. After filling up, the computer estimated 445 miles range from 60 liters which would be about 34 mpg, and after 25 miles it still shows a range of 430 miles, so it may improve.

13. Other bits - the fuel cap is bright yellow with "diesel" written on so misfueling should be unlikely. Wipers clean very neatly. And the auto full beam works brilliantly - switches are very fast and reliable - as most of my miles at this time of year are at night this is genuinely useful. Heated steering wheel works quickly and is much nicer than gloves. Front heated screen also works quickly - very useful. Has a very fine grid patten on front screen but you don't really notice it.

Overall - very pleased at this capable car. Photos to follow. Looking forward to some snow now!
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 12:06pm by Grah.)
06-12-2011 08:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SebM

RE: SD4 Firenze Red 5 Door Presitige

Congrats !!

Actually : '04 Lotus Elise Mk2 111 & '11 Land Rover Defender 90 SW RAW
06-12-2011 09:23am
Grah

Pics:

[attachment=837]

[attachment=836]

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 10:04am by Grah.)
06-12-2011 09:42am
vision*R

Very strange colour combo imho. But probably quite unique.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
06-12-2011 09:50am
Grah

LR say its "less recommended"!

I like lighter interiors but the ivory looked a bit impractical for a bad-weather car. Also, the dark brown leather is very dark, the tan lifts it a bit. Works for me!

And two short video clips:

http://gallery.me.com/gw1#100011

http://gallery.me.com/gw1#100022

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

(This post was last modified: 06-12-2011 10:45am by Grah.)
06-12-2011 09:55am
xxxx5

Its not forme, but each to there own. Congrats.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
06-12-2011 11:05am
Grah

Oh dear! It's not proving popular!

It does look good in the flesh, honest!
06-12-2011 11:10am
EVO PUNDITT

congrats, nice exterior, I'd have to see the interior in the flesh, but if you like it good on yaWink

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
06-12-2011 11:27am
LDT

Congratulations, and thanks for the very useful information.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
06-12-2011 11:34am
fam1x

Nice car I was thinking of changing my colour to Firenze Red but looking at your pictures they look more orange or is that just my eyes. I was thinking its more this colour....

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=range+r...129&ty=116

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
06-12-2011 01:04pm