Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Upgrading dynamic bixenon
sciack

Hello,

I own a 2013 dynamic with full options, I have auto leveling and auto adaptive bixenon, I wanted to make them brighter, do you think I can simply upgrade the bulbs with these ones I found in eBay: http://bit.ly/Xqot11

Please let me know because I do not know if they fits. Also what about the color of the bulbs I already have? Are they 6000k, 8000K or what? Thanks.
09-04-2013 06:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

RE: Upgrading dynamic bixenon

I doubt upgrading your HID bulbs will make them brighter, although you would be able to change the colour by selecting a different colour temperature, eg 3000K yellowish, 8000K blueish.

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
10-04-2013 08:23am
sciack

Thanks for reply, yes at least I would like to change the color. Do you know what is the color now?
10-04-2013 06:35pm
speary

(10-04-2013 06:35pm)sciack Wrote:  Thanks for reply, yes at least I would like to change the color. Do you know what is the color now?

They are quite white so ?i would sugget from 4000k to 5000k

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
11-04-2013 08:42am
dynamicgirl

The HIDs on our Evoque BiXenon lights (non adaptive and adaptives alike) are 4300K colour temperature and are ever so slightly yellow compared to 5000K, which is pure white and 6000K which is white, but it has a slight blueish tinge. The 4300K HID bulbs offer the highest light output of any Kelvin rated colour temp. If you go higher up the Kelvin scale, the colour may be whiter (or appear to be brighter), but the light output itself decreases. For me the best looking temp is 6000K, so if you are looking to improve the aesthetics of your lights, then those would look the coolest, but for best light output, it would be best to stick with the factory 4300K bulbs.
20-05-2013 11:18am
speary

(20-05-2013 11:18am)dynamicgirl Wrote:  The HIDs on our Evoque BiXenon lights (non adaptive and adaptives alike) are 4300K colour temperature and are ever so slightly yellow compared to 5000K, which is pure white and 6000K which is white, but it has a slight blueish tinge. The 4300K HID bulbs offer the highest light output of any Kelvin rated colour temp. If you go higher up the Kelvin scale, the colour may be whiter (or appear to be brighter), but the light output itself decreases. For me the best looking temp is 6000K, so if you are looking to improve the aesthetics of your lights, then those would look the coolest, but for best light output, it would be best to stick with the factory 4300K bulbs.

Good information.
What causes the output to fall off as the temperature rises ?
Thanks

21-05-2013 08:32am
cutter7

As the bulb gets older, the voltage necessary to maintain the arc eventually rises to exceed the voltage provided by the electrical ballast.

As the bulb heats to this point, the arc becomes less stable and the bulb will eventually fail..

21-05-2013 10:11am
dynamicgirl

(21-05-2013 08:32am)speary Wrote:  Good information.
What causes the output to fall off as the temperature rises ?
Thanks

No probs. Although higher temperature bulbs may appear to be brighter, the higher up the Kelvin temp scale you go with bulbs, the more the light reflects off the road surface, causing annoying glare (to the driver and oncoming motorists) and subsequently decreasing the 'lumens' or light output. A 5000K 35W HID bulb produces 3000 lumens, a 6000K 35W bulb produces only 2800 lumens and an 8000K 35W bulb produces a very lowly 2000 lumens. In fact at 8000K, the lumens or light output is reduced to that in the region of normal Halogen bulbs, thus totally negating the benefits of having HID lights at all. The light given off may look way whiter, brighter and be more pleasing to the eye than the yellow light of Halogens, but any higher than a 6K temp bulb and you might as well not have HID's. Hope this helps clarify things. Smile
21-05-2013 10:18am
speary

(21-05-2013 10:18am)dynamicgirl Wrote:  No probs. Although higher temperature bulbs may appear to be brighter, the higher up the Kelvin temp scale you go with bulbs, the more the light reflects off the road surface, causing annoying glare (to the driver and oncoming motorists) and subsequently decreasing the 'lumens' or light output. A 5000K 35W HID bulb produces 3000 lumens, a 6000K 35W bulb produces only 2800 lumens and an 8000K 35W bulb produces a very lowly 2000 lumens. In fact at 8000K, the lumens or light output is reduced to that in the region of normal Halogen bulbs, thus totally negating the benefits of having HID lights at all. The light given off may look way whiter, brighter and be more pleasing to the eye than the yellow light of Halogens, but any higher than a 6K temp bulb and you might as well not have HID's. Hope this helps clarify things. Smile

Thanks for that, very informative Smile

22-05-2013 08:22am