Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Roof Box
BeemerBoy

Roof Box

Hey guys.

The order is going in today! Very Happy

but i do have a question about the roof box options.

Do those side rails have to be permanently fitted or are they a removable option. Being a surfer and snowboarder i will be top loading quite a bit but don't want the rails there permanently. So should i go for land rover genuine or thule?

Also, i've done all my speccing using the online builder. can somebody tell me what the options for the roof lining are on a coupe dynamic sd4 auto. it only shows morzine cirrus on the builder but with a caveat saying ivory is shown. Any pictures showing the options would be great.

Also im still undecided about interior - im swayed towards vortex - ebony atm but tempted by pursuit - lunar thoughts?

am i right in thinking the rear bench only comes with a 60/40 split these days?

Best

SD4 - Orkney Grey - Dynamic Coupe Lux: ebony leather, style 8, black panoramic roof, satin brushed and gloss black interior, aeroflip, adaptive xenons
06-08-2012 07:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Roof Box

The standard rails are designed to be fitted once and left there. Trim pieces in the corners (if you have the pano roof) or running along the roof's length (if you don't) are replaced when the roof rails are fitted. Then there are plastic covers which slide over the fixings. All of this designed for one-time use only. The cross-rails can be fitted/removed as required.

If you are going for an interior which is predominantly black, I would also go for the black headlining but it may make the interior in the back a bit gloomy without the pano roof.

I think you get a 60/40 rear seat split whether you have the bench or the individual seats.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-08-2012 07:47am
WB
WB

I've got the thule bars that don't require the roof rails and they take a few minutes to install and remove. I'm not a fan of the permanent LR rails and they're overpriced IMO. There are some pics on here somewhere if you do a search.
06-08-2012 09:17am
NightFox

I had LR roof rails fitted to my Freelander 2 a few years back and they actually improved the fuel economy by 1-2mpg!

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Mauritius Blue ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Adaptive Xenons ~ Park Assist ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Powerfold Mirrors ~ Autodimming Mirror
Ordered 14/6/12 ~ Built 13/11/12 ~ Delivered 15/11/12 ~ Collected 20/11/12

[Image: 163643.png]
06-08-2012 09:53am
mark_n

(06-08-2012 09:17am)WB Wrote:  I've got the thule bars that don't require the roof rails and they take a few minutes to install and remove. I'm not a fan of the permanent LR rails and they're overpriced IMO. There are some pics on here somewhere if you do a search.

Wrong! They only work, after a fashion, on the 5 door not on the coupe which the OP appears to be buying. I think the LR roof bars inprove the appearance of the car.

Mark

06-08-2012 12:39pm
BeemerBoy

thanks guys

I am indeed getting a 3dr with pano roof..

I really dislike those roof rails - is there no aftermarket options for the 3dr?

SD4 - Orkney Grey - Dynamic Coupe Lux: ebony leather, style 8, black panoramic roof, satin brushed and gloss black interior, aeroflip, adaptive xenons
06-08-2012 09:27pm
mark_n

Not sure what there is to dislike about them. AFAIK, there is no after-market option for the coupe as they have to anchor onto the fixing points. The Thule scross bars grip the door frame surround which of course does not exist for the rear doors in the coupe.

Mark

06-08-2012 11:12pm
pureevoque

I've just fitted roof bars and IMO they improve the look

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
07-08-2012 07:11am
mark_n

(07-08-2012 07:11am)pureevoque Wrote:  I've just fitted roof bars and IMO they improve the look

I agree...

Mark

07-08-2012 08:05am
Token

I don't have the roof bars, but agree that they improve the look...especially on the 3 door...adds to the Utility look.

It is 60/40 split on my rear bench seat.

I have black interior and black headlining...not too dark at all...pano roof means it is always light in my view.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
07-08-2012 08:18am