Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Retrofitting of electric side mirrors
Dunkirk

Retrofitting of electric side mirrors

Hi. Due to an error of translation ( on my behalf) my lovely new Evoque has been delivered in France and it's FAB. Only thing is the side mirrors don't fold in electrically. I thought it was series, but not on the Pure apparently. I mis interpreted the "reglage electrique des mirroirs" which means they can be adjusted but not folded. Is there any hope to get this rectified after delivery? The dealer says no, but he's French. Thanks in advance for any comments. Also, can the rear camera be adjusted for a more of a bumper vision.? Great car though.
06-06-2012 03:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Retrofitting of electric side mirrors

The guts of each mirror are about £150 and there's a boggling 24 different combinations of features. It depends on what else is required, I can't see any dependence on the difference door wiring looms or which there are a similar number. My guess is that it's a case of replacing the mirrors and somehow reconfiguring the car to think it has powerfold mirrors so that pressing both buttons folds them in, the option to auto-fold is presented in the driver display and they fold when that option is selected and the car is locked.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-06-2012 03:53pm
IKM

I wanted to retrofit powerfold mirrors on an RRS SE and was advised by several dealers that it couldn't be done. I guess the same applies to RRE, and just about any vehicle.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
06-06-2012 04:09pm
Clareyb999

Hi, new to this and about to pick up my car tomorrow... Same mistake - no powerfold! Does anybody have an update on whether you can or have done?
Cheers
28-11-2013 06:11pm
mickeyf

BUMP....

Haven't found a reply anywhere. Unfortunately the Evoque forums seem short of useful stuff compared to others.

Mike

(28-11-2013 06:11pm)Clareyb999 Wrote:  Hi, new to this and about to pick up my car tomorrow... Same mistake - no powerfold! Does anybody have an update on whether you can or have done?
Cheers
25-05-2016 10:27am
PhilSkill

(25-05-2016 10:27am)mickeyf Wrote:  Unfortunately the Evoque forums seem short of useful stuff compared to others.

You tried reading the Volvo Forums... Tumbleweeds...

Mark has answered pretty much what i'd say too. Lots of combinations, no-one I know has done it, you need to find out what you have in the way of installed wiring, then you might need an OBD device to reprogram the ECU settings to enable the powerfold option and menu items.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 25-05-2016 05:26pm by PhilSkill.)
25-05-2016 05:25pm
mickeyf

I think I'll have to open up the door card and take a look - was trying to avoid doing this twice!
I assume mechanically they're the same... I have a broken side mirror so need to replace it - so it could be worth it to take a chance. I found a set of powerfolds for cheaper than 1 manual mirror locally!

Worst case I put in a battery and switch inside the mirror!!!

Mike

(25-05-2016 05:25pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  You tried reading the Volvo Forums... Tumbleweeds...

Mark has answered pretty much what i'd say too. Lots of combinations, no-one I know has done it, you need to find out what you have in the way of installed wiring, then you might need an OBD device to reprogram the ECU settings to enable the powerfold option and menu items.
25-05-2016 07:45pm
PhilSkill

(25-05-2016 07:45pm)mickeyf Wrote:  I found a set of powerfolds for cheaper than 1 manual mirror locally!

Definitely worth a try then, should be easy to see if you have less wires in the door connector than the mirror requires.
Let us know how you get on.

I was very impressed with the Volvo V40 door card removal, 2 screws and the whole thing lifted out off sturdy wedges... easiest job ever! Unfortunately the RR one looks a bit more individual horrible old plastic clips.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
26-05-2016 12:42pm
mickeyf

I have removed and replaced rear card but this is always risky as there are several delicate clips. I'm surprised no one has done this before!

It seems the powerfold have an additional connector for the motor & puddle light.

Mike

(26-05-2016 12:42pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Definitely worth a try then, should be easy to see if you have less wires in the door connector than the mirror requires.
Let us know how you get on.

I was very impressed with the Volvo V40 door card removal, 2 screws and the whole thing lifted out off sturdy wedges... easiest job ever! Unfortunately the RR one looks a bit more individual horrible old plastic clips.
26-05-2016 02:22pm
PhilSkill

I'm guessing yours doesn't have that connector to plug into?

26-05-2016 02:30pm