Poll: Do you have any reward visibility issues - either looking straight back or at an angle?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rearward visibility out of smallish rear window - any thoughts??
SilverTT

Rearward visibility out of smallish rear window - any thoughts??

Seems one of the main complaints of the new RR (amongst all the overwhelming praise) is the smallish rear window and the impact on rear visibility.

Any thoughts from members here who have already received their Evoque? The wife and I were driving my father in laws Cadillac SRX car this weekend and she was driving (rare moment) and nearly clipped a car in her blind spot on passenger side. I watched her turn her head to check over her shoulder and then proceed to pull into the next lane only to hear a loud honking when she realized she hadn't seen a car in the lane. I was looking at the NAV at the time so was of no help either. I yelled at her and said, "you have to look over your shoulder and not rely on the mirrors".

About 2 hours later I was driving the car and realized it doesn't even matter if you turn your head...the huge and awkwardly styled C-Pillars are so large that they truly do create a blind spot even when you are physically turning your head to check the lane.

So my question for Evoque owners is - given some of the reviewers complaints about the small rear window - do you also have these types of issues with certain rearward view angles?
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2011 08:32pm by SilverTT.)
28-11-2011 08:31pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: Rearward visibility out of smallish rear window - any thoughts??

There is plenty of view to look out the back and with the dumbo mirrors, blind spot monitor and camera for reversing..…… no problem

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2011 08:48pm by griff.)
28-11-2011 08:46pm
ytshome

(28-11-2011 08:46pm)griff Wrote:  There is plenty of view to look out the back and with the dumbo mirrors, blind spot monitor and camera for reversing..…… no problem

I'm with Griff on this point. No problem at all and the rear camera is quite intuitive after a little practice.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
28-11-2011 11:39pm
PhilSkill

No problem so far, camera is great and happy with general vision, had plenty of cars with poor rear visibility so nothing out of the ordinary, and had a transit with none at all and could happily reverse park that! You get used to it.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-11-2011 12:51am
Evoqess

Agree with the consensus - I'm actually happier with the rear visibility than I thought I would be. But then I do check my mirrors very frequently as I'm driving along. Almost obsessively (history of riding scoots and sense of constant vulnerability!).

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
29-11-2011 01:19am