Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rear View Camera Necessary on Five Door
cjfp

RE: Rear View Camera Necessary on Five Door

Reverse lights provide light (I believe)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
23-12-2011 10:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
V8M3

Ok Thanks!

Mini Cooper 2.0 SD
23-12-2011 10:41pm
broady43

(23-12-2011 09:52pm)V8M3 Wrote:  This may be a dumb question, but does the camera system work in the dark, like night vision infrared?

Hi, I have a Honda CRV at the moment and at night the reversing lights show the way really well for the reversing camera but when the autolights come on early in the day at low light the sat nav screen dims for night purposes and the reversing lights do not make up for it and you cannot see anything.Along with the rear camera not being protected from the elments and rear spray (when this happens which is most of the time) you cannot see out of it.The Evoque camera is not protected from the elements either.This is the reason I have not orderd it on my spec! Hope this helps.
23-12-2011 10:48pm
gw76

In retrospect would have ordered it definitely if it hadnt come on Dynamic as standard.
24-12-2011 12:00am
broady43

(24-12-2011 12:00am)gw76 Wrote:  In retrospect would have ordered it definitely if it hadnt come on Dynamic as standard.

You are lucky your budget does not matter in these hard times.
Merry christmas anyway.
24-12-2011 12:06am
ytshome

(23-12-2011 02:07am)gilmer Wrote:  Hoping to get some advice from evoque drivers who have or don't have the rear view camera. It doesn't come as standard in Australia and I am wondering if its really nessecary ? You need to purchase the front parking aid if you decide to purchase the rear camera. Thanks for your advice.

Ordered In November: Dynamic Si4 fuji with adaptive dynamics and panoramic roof added. Due in May with changes to order allowed up until Jan 31st.

One of its very best features. Spend but spend wisely and choose the rear camera!

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
24-12-2011 12:33am
Evoqess

I do like my rear view camera, but weighing the pros and cons is essential. (yes, price vs necessity). If you don't have it you will have to be more diligent, use all mirrors - and even stick your head out the window! In rainy old Vancouver the droplets obscure my view and I have to be extra careful for sure!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
(This post was last modified: 24-12-2011 03:30am by Evoqess.)
24-12-2011 03:29am
DaveR

I have the rear camera on my Prestige and find it really usefully. I wouldn't want to be without it now. I also ordered the surround cameras and having used them a few times I probably wouldn't bother with those again although I guess they only have to save a couple of scrapes and they will have paid for themselves.
24-12-2011 09:02am
Mag1c_dragon

I spec'd the full surround cameras and I am so glad did. I would def have scraped the car and/or alloys by now if I didn't have them. Find them really useful

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
24-12-2011 05:58pm