Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 4.5 Average
Real world mpg
jitenc

RE: Real world mpg

(08-03-2012 11:25am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Not if you have halogen or normal xenon's (presume you have adaptive xenons). You cannot even flat beam these by moving the shutter inside the headlight like every other projector type lense - so everyone else will stil need tape or 1000% overpriced "beam-benders":!:

In terms of fuel economy - 10 miles a day to work on a mix of A roads and city dual carriageway. Lots of stop start (German's haven't yet worked out how to sychronise green traffic lights where I live) and I get 33mpg if I don't think about how I drive. If I drive for economy I can get 40 mpg. My last 150PS FL2 manual I was getting 36mpg and about 42mpg if I thought about it. Can has done 3500km so am quite disappointed, but can live with it. Maybe it will improve when the summer tyres go back on?

No chance. I am on summer tyres at the mo. Doing 35 miles to and fro work on dual carriage way and A roads with traffic. I do put the car on sports mode and use dynamic mode on some sharp bends.... i think no one has topped up to 28.6 mpg yet, or have they??Shocked
I bet, after a while everyone will stop moarning and groanning and just accept the car as it is or PX it for a Prius.

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
08-03-2012 02:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gibbyd

Real world mpg

I have been loaned a Freelander 2 190 diesel auto by my dealer while I wait for my Evoque and it is returning 38-42 mpg on runs over 100 miles a day.
Assume a sd4 manual will be in the mid 40's with the same journeys.
13-03-2012 08:14pm
cjfp

@gibbyd - best prepare yourself for a bit of disappointment.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-03-2012 08:28pm
PhilSkill

Latest Update.

Sadly my TripA deviated a bit more than expected after a few more motorway runs, thinking I had moved into the 40mpg bracket as it said 40.1... reality was only 38.6 mpg, still the best yet though and I'm happy with it, mainly thanks to the slow M6 journey at 60mph.

Temperatures still following mpg though so still hope for the summer yet.

On motorway today got a feeling for constant speed mpg and reckon I get at 60mph = 46mpg, 70mph = 39mpg, 80mph = 33mpg. Constant speed no accel or decel very few hills.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2012 08:44pm by PhilSkill.)
13-03-2012 08:43pm
Sensorian

Two weeks in. 1000 miles done, variety of different journeys mainly motorways and trans pennine routes across snake pass. Getting avg 37.1 from my Dynamic SD4....

Dynamic Barolo Black, Black interior, Panoramic roof, plus pack, style 6 wheels, Meridian upgrade
13-03-2012 08:47pm
bobbrightwell

My ED4 arrived last week and best run so far on a 50 mile trip around the north west corner of M25 was 52 mpg average although traffic conditions kept me to a very economical speed. Since I have had it the overall average is around 43 mpg but most of the driving has been down M1/M25 during rush hour so not going particularly fast.

Loving the car, very comfortable but definitely a cruiser rather than a sporty car

Firenze red Pure 5 door with Tech Pack and Panoramic roof
13-03-2012 09:53pm
simonc

Had a long drive back up to Scotland from the South today and managed to average around about 31mpg overall, and that was mostly with cruise set at 70ish* (speedo may have indicated a bit more but I was going by my iPhone satnav) - not bad for an Si4 with mostly just delivery miles on the clock at the start. I did have AC off so that may well have helped, but mostly I was just trying to anticipate slowing traffic ahead and cancelling cruise and letting the car slow down on its own rather than actively braking (when safe obviously). I imagine I'll end up with better figures as the temperature continues to increase (though once it gets significantly warmer the AC will be back on of course).

Dynamic Si4 5dr Orkney Grey, Black Pano, Vortex + Ebony, Keyless Entry, Spare Wheel
Collected 12th March 2012
13-03-2012 10:37pm
lesdon499

I dont really care! Picked my car up on 1/3 and haven't stopped smiling since Smile I will only be driving 8k per year so guess MPG doesn't matter too much.
Great car!

Dynamic SD4 unbadged
Fuji White
Style 6 wheels
Panoramic roof
MassiveVery Happy
13-03-2012 10:52pm
jitenc

This is now beginning to be a joke! I managed only 27.5mg pure city driving on trip B for a week. This isn't a car for city dwellers. Waiting for summer so I can drive out of London on long cruises!!!!

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
13-03-2012 10:57pm
THEMACS

(13-03-2012 10:57pm)jitenc Wrote:  This is now beginning to be a joke! I managed only 27.5mg pure city driving on trip B for a week. This isn't a car for city dwellers. Waiting for summer so I can drive out of London on long cruises!!!!

What model? I think that seems good for city driving

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
13-03-2012 11:00pm