Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Real MPG with 2014 model
flibberflops

RE: Real MPG with 2014 model

(12-01-2014 11:59am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Ohh I like those figures - it will get even better when the car gets the active driveline from the Si4 as well.

One thing Edgedata - living where you live this may not be noticeable, have you noticed any difference like the 6 speed had when climbing hills? On the flat it was not too bad but find any sort of incline and the fuel consumption
would increase quite noticably - is this noticable with the 9 speeder?

I am no guru of the Evoque, but I find this question a little odd. Surely this is a case of basic physics that is applicable to any vehicle? The need to lump 1600kg upwards is going to need a considerable need for extra power and fuel! Further more, in situations like this I suspect it makes little difference how much the gearbox has changed because when you are on a incline, the 6 speed or the 9 speed would need to be in a virtually identical gear ration to get the big ass up said hill at the same speed. I would imagine only weight loss or engine changes could make any difference. You cannot change the laws of physics in this respect!

However, in the return journey you should use very little fuel as you descend like a bob sledge. This is why fuel consumption is generally measured round robin and not in specifics as you are trying to do!
12-01-2014 01:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JB13

I think he is referring more to gear ratios/hardware and software rather than physics.

The auto 6's gear choices were questionable sometimes.
12-01-2014 08:23pm
sorcerer

(12-01-2014 08:23pm)JB13 Wrote:  The auto 6's gear choices were questionable sometimes.

This was something I had mentioned a long time ago on the other forum, but nobody else seemed to agree at the time. It was the reason I sold the Auto 6 speed and bought a manual version.
12-01-2014 09:20pm
Biker

If you leave the auto to pick the gear uphill, I would assume the 9 speed might have more optimal gear for the incline than the 6 speed? Assuming the same speed uphill, it might require less fuel.
however.
If you need to compare tit-for-tat, you then have to manually select the gear at the equivalent revs for each vehicle, but then you get the same fuel consumption I reckon. The speed at which you would go uphill might be different in this case.

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
12-01-2014 10:01pm
rkrenek

Any more updates on fuel economy would be much appreciated.
22-01-2014 12:49am
mark_n

As a matter of interest, for those of you who have changed to a MY14 car, what was the depreciation you suffered over the course of owning your previous car and what was the total cost of the fuel you put in it?

I don't have a firm trade in/resale figure for mine yet but I'm expecting the depreciation to be at least twice and maybe three times the cost of the fuel, so while improvements in economy are welcome, they will not change your TCO very much.

For the record, the Si4 never suffered from this lag from standstill, nor I expect will my RRS even if it does swallow £140 of super unleaded each time it needs a drink.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
22-01-2014 07:39am
kaalus

Real MPG values for the 2014 Evoque are hard to come by, it's too new - if anyone has any readouts or calculations please share.

Btw. please do not hijack the thread to talk about lag etc. Rolling Eyes
22-01-2014 12:38pm
Stadt Panzer

Real MPG with 2014 model

Best mpg I've had on my new 9 speed model was 50. Running from Germany to the UK, all low lands and no hills but still impressive.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
22-01-2014 01:38pm
kriswilson

I bought my 6 speed auto in October '13 and have just ordered the new 9 speed due for delivery end of March '14. My px value was £4k less than what i bought the 6 speed gearbox for, i'm happy with that as a cost to change. My large deposit on the 6 speed will be rolled into the new one and monthly payments only change by a small amount < £50 per month.
22-01-2014 05:06pm
Fordste

(10-01-2014 08:48pm)kaalus Wrote:  It would be very interesting to know whether there is still any mpg gain to be had from a manual box on 2014 Evoque. If anyone has any mpg values from auto/manual 2014 model, please share...

Only had my MY14 SD4 Manual Dynamic Lux a couple of weeks and done around 400 miles, very impressed with the MPG figures. The last journey was mostly motorway driving and returned 54.4mpg.
11-02-2014 12:59pm