Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rattle
broady43

Rattle

Got a new rattle around the passenger side sunvisor,had a look around previous posts but can't find solution.Can anyone help ?

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
22-11-2013 10:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

RE: Rattle

(22-11-2013 10:51pm)broady43 Wrote:  Got a new rattle around the passenger side sunvisor,had a look around previous posts but can't find solution.Can anyone help ?

Harness connector loose in the headlining behind the sunvisor. Ours developed this rattle on the way home on day one. Dealer dropped the front of the headlining down, secured the connector and has been OK. - although many other rattles have developed since!!!!

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
23-11-2013 02:16pm
LaserTam

Definitely there? I thought I had a rattle coming from there, turned out to be in the roof console (holds the Pano roof switch).

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
23-11-2013 02:44pm
broady43

(23-11-2013 02:16pm)Tony Wrote:  Harness connector loose in the headlining behind the sunvisor. Ours developed this rattle on the way home on day one. Dealer dropped the front of the headlining down, secured the connector and has been OK. - although many other rattles have developed since!!!!

Tony

Cheers I shall investigate tomorrow after golf !

(23-11-2013 02:44pm)LaserTam Wrote:  Definitely there? I thought I had a rattle coming from there, turned out to be in the roof console (holds the Pano roof switch).

No,it definetly is near the sun visor,plus I don't have a pano roof.
Thanks anyway.

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
(This post was last modified: 23-11-2013 06:06pm by broady43.)
23-11-2013 06:03pm
Donny Dog

I get a tinny rattle (like silver foil being agitated by wind) which my wife thinks is from behind the near-side 'A' pillar cover. Is this a similar sound to the cable one? It starts when the car is doing about 70 mph, but then never abates unless the car slows right down. Do the cables run up the 'A' pillar? It's possible that the sound is nearer the sun visor, and I can't locate it personally at all, but my wife is adamant it's the pillar (and she's never wrong!Wink).
(This post was last modified: 26-11-2013 03:16pm by Donny Dog.)
26-11-2013 03:15pm
gibbyd

Rattle

(26-11-2013 03:15pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  I get a tinny rattle (like silver foil being agitated by wind) which my wife thinks is from behind the near-side 'A' pillar cover. Is this a similar sound to the cable one? It starts when the car is doing about 70 mph, but then never abates unless the car slows right down. Do the cables run up the 'A' pillar? It's possible that the sound is nearer the sun visor, and I can't locate it personally at all, but my wife is adamant it's the pillar (and she's never wrong!Wink).

This noise is the black a pillar capping moving in the wind and squeaking against the glass. On my second set of caps and this set have started squeaking again on the near side.
Bad design.
26-11-2013 08:30pm
Donny Dog

(26-11-2013 08:30pm)gibbyd Wrote:  This noise is the black a pillar capping moving in the wind and squeaking against the glass. On my second set of caps and this set have started squeaking again on the near side.
Bad design.

Thanks for that explanation! Did you get them changed under warranty?
27-11-2013 12:04am
gibbyd

Rattle

(27-11-2013 12:04am)Donny Dog Wrote:  Thanks for that explanation! Did you get them changed under warranty?

No I have had 2 screens in 18 mths, just bad luck.
You will have no problems getting them changed under warranty though.
Give them a wiggle and you will hear the same noise you hear inside at speed.
Stick to your guns because the stealer will say they have never heard of this before, from anyone, honest !!!
27-11-2013 12:33am
Donny Dog

(27-11-2013 12:33am)gibbyd Wrote:  No I have had 2 screens in 18 mths, just bad luck.
You will have no problems getting them changed under warranty though.
Give them a wiggle and you will hear the same noise you hear inside at speed.
Stick to your guns because the stealer will say they have never heard of this before, from anyone, honest !!!

Thanks, I'll give it a go.
27-11-2013 11:20am
speary

(22-11-2013 10:51pm)broady43 Wrote:  Got a new rattle around the passenger side sunvisor,had a look around previous posts but can't find solution.Can anyone help ?

Drop the overhead console and feel left and right, you will feel a couple of modules. insert some foam between these and the roof. it fixed mine.
I also have the A pillar sound which is really annoying

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
06-12-2013 09:47am