Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
Rarer than the lesser spotted Evoque
WB
WB

Rarer than the lesser spotted Evoque

Was walking along Holland Park Avenue yesterday and saw an odd looking hatchback in a very nice metallic burgundy colour with a tan interior being very tentatively driven by a young lady. It took me a couple of seconds to realise it was an Aston Martin Cygnet!

I just took a look at the AM website for the Cygnet and I can see why they cost so much - all hand painted/trimmed/built. I think the one I saw may be a custom colour as it doesn't appear on the configurator.

I have to say for a car that costs as much as an Evoque (£31k to £40k!!) I was very disappointed - very clumsy looking styling with huge over sized front and rear badges. It certainly doesn't seem to fit in with the AM tenet of Power, Beauty and Soul!
21-02-2012 11:30am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MrHooky

Re: Rarer than the lesser spotted Evoque

There is one of these Cygnets at the nursery I drop my kids off at. Ridiculous car and only produced to bring AM average emissions down. Apparently they were only offered to AM owners initially but.I think anyone cab purchase now.

Anyone who buys one has clearly got more money than sense.
Buy a used IQ and you could still get a base Evoque with the change.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
21-02-2012 11:47am
Sarcastrix

RE: Rarer than the lesser spotted Evoque

Take a look on Autotrader, there are at least 10 of them all with 10K off the OTR price. 42K for 12k iQ is silly money.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
21-02-2012 01:16pm
ChuckieB

(21-02-2012 11:47am)MrHooky Wrote:  There is one of these Cygnets at the nursery I drop my kids off at. Ridiculous car and only produced to bring AM average emissions down. Apparently they were only offered to AM owners initially but.I think anyone cab purchase now.

Anyone who buys one has clearly got more money than sense.
Buy a used IQ and you could still get a base Evoque with the change.

Hasn't someone on this forum got 2 Astons, one of them being a Cygnet?

I think you may be seeing some feedback on your comments!!!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
21-02-2012 01:35pm
Cedric

Aston had to make it to reduce their overall emissions. Putting a rediculous price on it seems like a good tactic to me. Free money if people decide to get one. Perfect marketing.
21-02-2012 03:20pm
fam1x

There is one in my office car park, which I noticed last week. AM built these cars to reduce their CO2 emission levels so we are lead tok believe. Looks like an igo with an AM badge and grill Wink

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
(This post was last modified: 21-02-2012 04:10pm by fam1x.)
21-02-2012 04:09pm
Donny Dog

(21-02-2012 04:09pm)fam1x Wrote:  There is one in my office car park, which I noticed last week. AM built these cars to reduce their CO2 emission levels so we are lead tok believe. Looks like an igo with an AM badge and grill Wink

It looks like a re-badged iQ, and IS, in fact, a re-badged iQ!
21-02-2012 05:32pm
WB
WB

(21-02-2012 05:32pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  It looks like a re-badged iQ, and IS, in fact, a re-badged iQ!

While it IS based on the iQ its a lot more than a rebadge - take a look at this video -> http://www.astonmartin.com/cars/cygnet/power
21-02-2012 06:08pm
MrHooky

Re: Rarer than the lesser spotted Evoque

New AM vantage. £91k. 420 bhp, so £217 per hp.

Base Cygnet. £31k. 97 bhp, so £320 per hp.

Not even good value!

It really is a silly car. I remember seeing launch photos at the time thinking it was a wind up. The IQ isn't even popular so heaven knows why you'd want to pay three times the price for one with fancy paint and handstitched leather. Would much prefer a Mini, DS3, or Fiat 500 and keep the change.

Surely Aston would do better sticking a decent turbo diesel in the Rapide if they wanted to keep emissions down....

Fuji Pure eD4 5dr | Fogs | Panoramic | 19" Diamond Polished | Ordered June 11 - Expected May 12
Delivered 19/04/12
21-02-2012 11:57pm