Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pure lead times, JLR missing an opportunity?
masmullin

RE: Pure lead times, JLR missing an opportunity?

From what I understand Tata were not expecting such a high demand for these vehicles. The Evoque has by far passed their sales expectations.
02-03-2012 05:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ED209

(02-03-2012 05:40pm)masmullin Wrote:  From what I understand Tata were not expecting such a high demand for these vehicles. The Evoque has by far passed their sales expectations.

That doesnt explain why they seem to be supplying higher value cars first, producing a car is producing a car after all.
02-03-2012 05:43pm
masmullin

(02-03-2012 05:43pm)ED209 Wrote:  That doesnt explain why they seem to be supplying higher value cars first, producing a car is producing a car after all.

Can you prove that this is really occuring? Or is this just a feeling of yours?

tossing away proof and going with gut feeling, I would expect that it's easier to build Dynamics/Prestiges.

With the nature of the production line, it's easier to line up all the same-build cars and do them all at once, then line up the next batch. I would expect that there may be more prestige/dynamics order with the exact same specs than Pures with the exact same specs. This is simply based on the knowledge that there are more options on pures, and thus, there are more variants of pures.

Never attribute to malice what you can reasonably attribute to something else. JLR aren't trying to rip you off, or make you feel lesser of a person for buying a Pure. They simply get more cars out to more people if they build prestige/dynamics first (because of the nature of the assembly line).
02-03-2012 05:53pm
lulu101

I ordered mine last July and was told March delivery, collected it today, my Salesperson has kept me up to date all along and I am very happy with the service I have received, "Thank you Mark if you are reading this Very Happy" and obviously delighted that I have my car Laughing

Delivered , Pure 5 door in fuji , SD4 Auto, 19" style 4 sparkle wheels, almond/espresso interior, tech pack, xenon headlights, fog lamps, rear camera, park assist, folding mirrors and mats, and last minute addition of Privacy Glass Very Happy
02-03-2012 06:02pm
THEMACS

(02-03-2012 06:02pm)lulu101 Wrote:  I ordered mine last July and was told March delivery, collected it today, my Salesperson has kept me up to date all along and I am very happy with the service I have received, "Thank you Mark if you are reading this Very Happy" and obviously delighted that I have my car Laughing

Nice one Lulu, High spec Pure, hope you enjoyLaughing

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
02-03-2012 06:49pm
WorldTraveler

Yet another happy SD4 recipient .... I rest my case, why dont we get the Admin guys to setup a Poll, who ordered what and whether it's been delivered ?

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
02-03-2012 07:01pm
THEMACS

(02-03-2012 07:01pm)WorldTraveler Wrote:  Yet another happy SD4 recipient .... I rest my case, why dont we get the Admin guys to setup a Poll, who ordered what and whether it's been delivered ?

I think ED and yourself are members of the North East Paranoia SocietyLaughingLaughing

Don't forget though, wasn't the TD4 only produced from January 2012, so there's no way you could have had one earlier than that no matter when you ordered.

Don't get me wrong, it really isn't on how long the wait is. Ours will be 9 months!! So anyone who thinks 7 months etc is a long time, thank yourselves lucky!!!!!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
02-03-2012 07:23pm
RacingSnake

(02-03-2012 06:02pm)lulu101 Wrote:  "Thank you Mark if you are reading this Very Happy" and obviously delighted that I have my car Laughing
I'm dealing with Mark too. Shocked

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
02-03-2012 08:46pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply