Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
Pure - but why?
Evoqess

RE: Pure - but why?

(20-11-2011 07:08pm)vision*R Wrote:  Downsides: dashboard material quality, leather quality and no passenger seat height adjustment. If I could have upgraded these things, I would have chosen the Pure. Now I've ordered a Prestige.

I have been living with the Pure for nearly a month and I must tell you that I find the quality of the dashboard trim very good - do you mean that you don't like the feel of it? That might be personal preference I admit. And the black grained leather is very good/thick - from memory the Oxford leather may feel softer to the touch but I think tough is better for my outdoorsy, dog infested lifestyle. I'll keep the supple, moisturizer leather indoors thanks!
My passenger is 5 ft 6 and hasn't even noticed there is no height adjust on the seat.

Also, as I wanted an Evoque sooner rather than later - the next package upgrade from my dealer was a BLACK with almond interior (no thanks) and for the privilege of upgraded hifi, gps and xenons that was going to be $8000 more. Hey, the base Meridian and halogens are fine and a $300 Garmin GPS with lifetime maps is all I need for road trips. I was delighted to be able to get the pano roof, 19" alloys, power tailgate, and damn-nearly-everything heated lol - sweet features.

With lower spec vehicles you are always left wondering whether you should have spent the extra $$ for the extras. But in a way it's like "hey, should I buy a loaded Cayman S that's 2 years old with 20,000 km or a new Evoque?" I've always been plagued with questions like that. For me, they are the the true dilemmas as I love to drive - but must bear in mind the type of driving I do, where I want to venture etc. So decisions, decisions. In a way, Landrover Canada made it easier for me by ordering some well thought out packages for their first incoming Evoque shipments. I know some customers are waiting for their customized Evoques but sometimes too many decisions can be a conundrum for many! It sure causes a lot of uncertainty on this forum - even to the point where people are second guessing their color choices or changing them.

If I was a world dictator Twisted Evil I would commandeer LR - you would only get a choice of Fuji White, OG or Mauritius Blue people! (I'm only human hehe and that blue is soooo nice!). Two spec levels:Pure (smart folk who want good value for money) and Pure Excess (red Evoque badge and steerable, xenons with a not so subtle "look at me" morse flashing pattern). Of course, everything would be more streamlined at the factory and orders would be on time Smile

I guess what I'm getting at (in my rambling manner) is, with so many choices it is almost human nature to go overboard or be talked into lower priority/unnecessary features. Being a Pure buyer may show that you are price sensitive, or really know what you need, or that you don't crumble to pressure sales techniques or a combination of those. To all those that say the Evoque is overpriced my retort is that I've actually spent less than I thought I would and believe my car to value ratio is bang on!
My Pure Evoque has absolutely worked out for me - I hope that your spec does too!*
Thanks JiiPee for the initial post!

------------------------------------
* Of course, I in no way want to offend those on the forum who have opted for the more loaded vehicles. The fact that you are on the forum means that many of you are true enthusiasts and don't mind spending more for features you personally deem essential. If I had to spend a further premium for terrain response I absolutely would have! Just want to re-affirm to other buyers who may be Pure-unsure that there is a whole lot to love about the lower spec version. Pure and proud lol!

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
20-11-2011 08:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Grah

Right on Evoquess - power to your preferences!

I was in my LR dealer yesterday - they had a Pure and Dynamic, and the dashboard materiel was identical - very nice soft touch material. This only looks a downside compared to the quality Prestige leather trim. Compared to most plastic dashboard trims it is streets ahead and very classy, and anyway probably more practical than the Prestige.

Cost/spec compromises are the stuff of hours of contemplation to the auto buff. My particular hate is the list of insurance products the dealer wants you to have - gap, scratch, tyre, alloys etc etc. which I now consistently decline as I calculate that on average you lose out. I did ask the nice sales girl yesterday for "late delivery insurance" but she said they didn't do that!

I totally agree there's a real sense of achievement when you pick the spec sweet spot thats right for you, rather than the salesman!
20-11-2011 08:58pm
forest172

Had mine 4 weeks now, and the sd4 auto engine with the pure trim level is cracking value I specd mine upto 33,800. To spec a BMW 3 series m sport estate, with leather etc. Costs 2k more than what I paid. I know which I'd sooner have!

On a family car I really can't see why pay more, the pure is spot on.

Evoque PURE sd4 auto
Disco 4 GS gone
Toy 1 - Focus RS mk2
Toy 2 - Evo Xrs in the garage as my avatar
20-11-2011 09:50pm
jiggyjaggy

Pure would have done me. Only extras I would have wanted were Panoramic roof really.

Is there any way to get those gorgeous tailpipes and front grill onto a Pure? Would save me nearly £10k on what I am due to buy! Didn't someone on the forum do that? I can't find it.
21-11-2011 02:18am
Token

My view is that the Pure offers great value for money and I'm certain that everyone who has ordered one will be delighted with it.

I have a fully spec'd Dynamic but this is simply because I am happy to spend £50k on a car and I had the disposable cash...I never take on debt for a car (I used to when I was skint because it was the only way I could get a reliable car, but once I could afford to spend c. £10k on a car without taking on debt, for which you can get a decent car, i couldn't justify taking on debt for one) and buy a fully spec'd Dynamic has fortunately not required me to make any other sacrifices, if it had, I would have happily gone for a Pure.

Whether people can't afford to spend more than c.£35k, or whether they like value for money (lower spec cars generally offer better value, 90% of the car for 70% of the cash), or whether they just don't see the need to spend £50k on a car, doesn't really matter...all reasons are genuine and the Pure is a great car.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
21-11-2011 09:38am
EVO PUNDITT

(21-11-2011 02:18am)jiggyjaggy Wrote:  Pure would have done me. Only extras I would have wanted were Panoramic roof really.

Is there any way to get those gorgeous tailpipes and front grill onto a Pure? Would save me nearly £10k on what I am due to buy! Didn't someone on the forum do that? I can't find it.

try http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-The-first-Presnamic it is a prestige

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
21-11-2011 10:09am
jiggyjaggy

That looks great, Im wondering if anyone has gone the whole hog from a Pure to a Dynamic body kit?

The Pure does offer great value compared to the Dynamic. Frankly speaking both models look the bees knees
21-11-2011 10:19am
Barneyridge

In Australia the difference between the Pure and Prestige optioned with nav and pan roof was close to $12,000 (£7,500). The only real significant difference was xenon and different leather, albeit there were a few other inclusions. I could not justify the extra when the optioned Pure comes in at approx £47,500 to start with.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
21-11-2011 11:02am
chiggy

Pure - but why?

Same as Barneyridge.

It didnt make sense to me to upgrade to the prestige because I still wanted a pano roof etc and it just would've made it too expensive for me.

In essence I guess I'm a "purist" in the sense that I am more than happy with the basic pure model with a few personalized extras that make it mine. It all does come down to getting the pure essence of the car itself which is its looks, it's driving capability on road and off, as well as finally being able to own a range rover which I haven't had the luxury of being able to afford before

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
21-11-2011 11:16am
Craig_d1

We have to remember that Land Rover is trying to bring in as broad a spectrum of people as possible.
There will be people that may be upgrading their motors to an Evoque, and stretching their budgets to get into a Range Rover as well as those that may be moving from a FFRR costing £80,000 in which case a more stylish, more economical and slightly smaller car costing £50,000 looks a bargain.
It's nice to know that the dash and door trims of the pure is exactly the same as that of a dynamic, so that no matter which spec you buy, your still getting a premium quality product. I definitely didn't feel as though I'm was sitting in a lesser car in my Pure when I bought it.
I say thumbs up to Land Rover for trying to make the 'Range Rover' brand more affordable.
21-11-2011 11:24am