Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Production line has stopped.
ytshome

Production line has stopped.

I've just heard that following a fire last night in a part of the factory that manufactures the instrument panel that the production line stopped at 10.30am this morning.

Nothing is certain but it is expected to be down until Wednesday at this time.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
15-10-2011 02:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
x5pea

RE: Production line has stopped.

haaaaa lets hope mine has its clocks in as its due next week
15-10-2011 02:37pm
hybris

You must be joking!

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
15-10-2011 02:45pm
mk82

I have never heard of a company having so much problems as LR yet. Ok, that is the first time I am realy interessted in it, because the RRE will be my first new, unused car ever..Smile

PURE 5dr SD4 Auto, Fuji - Almond/Espresso, rear cam, front-pdc, techp., navi, seatheating, xenon package without xenon

STUUUUNNNNNNNIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGGG!!!! Thud
15-10-2011 03:41pm
ytshome

(15-10-2011 03:41pm)mk82 Wrote:  I have never heard of a company having so much problems as LR yet. Ok, that is the first time I am realy interessted in it, because the RRE will be my first new, unused car ever..Smile

Hi again, I realiose that this doesn't help much but strictly speaking it isn't LR. It's actually a separate company that produce these items on the factory site for logistical reasons. Im told that as they have stopped the line then they will be paying the penalty clause, which runs to £1000's per minute lost.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
15-10-2011 04:26pm
Urban Splash

This is just a farce.

Why did they launch is so many countries at launch? The backlog of builds will be crazy now. It looks like it will only get worse.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
15-10-2011 07:09pm
DJ2Tall

FFS!! What next?!!!
15-10-2011 07:09pm
Evoqess

Quite incredible that Evoques have arrived on the Western coast of Nth America considering all the issues. But it means despite the problems hope is still alive for November deliveries ..... just not saying which year Wink

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
15-10-2011 07:19pm
Daigriff

Well despite production being disrupted and lengthening delays I'm going to sit it out and wait for my evoque. There just isn't anything out that that excites me for the same price except second hand cars that are going to cost me a fortune to run and are not as practical.

Whether I stick with LR long term only time will tell but its not a great start.

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
15-10-2011 07:37pm
The Valeter

I was in my dealer this afternoon & they said nothing about it & I was talking about hold ups!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
15-10-2011 08:13pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply