Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prestige interior
Daigriff

Prestige interior

Hi all

After much deliberations following our visit to Evoque Live last sunday am changing from Sumatra Black 5 door Pure SD4 to Prestige SD4.

Dealer has told me this morning that by changing I will actually receive the car earlierShocked

One question, I loved the look of the Black Prestige (Barolo I know)at Evoquelive...that was the Ambience-Ivory interior wasn't it?, also does anyone recall what Interior finisher it had...was it the satin brushed alluminium or figured Macassar wood?

Not sure what would look best and have to let him know asap.

Help appreciated.

DG

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
09-06-2011 11:07am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SW6RR

RE: Prestige interior

That black Prestige had the Figured Macassar Wood. Looked good.

I was going for this Ambiance interior before I saw it in the flesh. Don't get me wrong, I still liked it (and more than the Cirrus, but it was still a bit too light and "zen" for my liking.

Am I the only person now going for a Spirit interior?? Am I mad?? I really liked it (despite not liking it in photographs)...
I suppose I'm actually interested in a related question:

To those of you who are buying a white Evoque in Prestige format and who aren't going for the black interior - what are you going for? Expect there will be a lot of Ambiance interiors maybe? I was worried this might look a bit odd with a white car (as the interior is also very light), hence my change to Spirit.

What are people's thoughts?
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2011 11:20am by SW6RR.)
09-06-2011 11:12am
Daigriff

Thanks SW6RR I'll go for the Macassar wood as it complimented the rest of the interior...and looks good with the Black exterior.

The lighter interior shouldnt be a problem as my kids are no longer little and black would have been too dark with a black exterior.

All fun though!!!!

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
09-06-2011 12:17pm
vision*R

(09-06-2011 11:12am)SW6RR Wrote:  To those of you who are buying a white Evoque in Prestige format and who aren't going for the black interior - what are you going for? Expect there will be a lot of Ambiance interiors maybe? I was worried this might look a bit odd with a white car (as the interior is also very light), hence my change to Spirit.
Went for Element myself. Spirit is nice but I'm afraid I would get bored after a few months / years. Element is more neutral and more suitable with the white exterior imho.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
09-06-2011 12:27pm
Rootsboy

i have gone for Vibe (Black) interior in the end, am still worried about my choice with our very hot summers here in spain, and i will not get a chance to see any of the interiors for myself. but i am hoping the privacy and anti UV glass will help along with a good aircon.
i was going to go for the Ambiance to begin with, but knowing how kids can be, and it also seemed just a little bit to traditional for me.
am still in two minds about choosing the Aluminum or Black Madagascar wood insert though. i have still have a little time to make up my mind i have been told.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
09-06-2011 01:30pm
SW6RR

@ vision*R - good choice I'm sure. To my eyes, the white exterior doesn't suit light interiors - I think I must be pre-wired to prefer contrasts...!
09-06-2011 01:54pm
paulus599

(09-06-2011 11:12am)SW6RR Wrote:  To those of you who are buying a white Evoque in Prestige format and who aren't going for the black interior - what are you going for? Expect there will be a lot of Ambiance interiors maybe? I was worried this might look a bit odd with a white car (as the interior is also very light), hence my change to Spirit.

I've gone for the Element interior. The reason behind this was that I wanted a change from the black that I've had on most of my previous cars. Thought about the Ambiance, but I think the Element will suit a white car better (IMHO) plus I wasn't too keen on the Espresso instrument panel topper.
Thought the Spirit looked really good on the car at the NEC, but I'd be worried that it would date very quickly.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
09-06-2011 01:55pm
ant

I originally ordered Firenze Red with Ambience. Then when the paint issue arose, I changed to Fuji White, but kept the ambience as a light interior is important to me. I was worried that it wouldn't work, having a white exterior and cream interior. Happily Red is now back on the table and so I'm back to original spec. I'm very happy with my choice. I've also gone for the Macassar wood trim. I think the whole package will suit me. No small kids to worry about inside ..... just big ones in their 20s and older!!!!!CryingCryingRolling Eyes
AntVery HappyVery Happy

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2011 09:57pm by ant.)
09-06-2011 09:57pm
Blackseries

The White Prestige Coupe at the Geneva Motor Show had the Element (Cirrus) interior - it looked great.

I've ordered an Ambience interior but am now thinking about Element - just wish I could see them both in the flesh side by side. My feeling at the moment is that the Ivory option is the warmer of the two interiors. However my indecision relates to the Espresso against the Sumatra Black - it looked great against the Barolo (which to my eyes never looked Black - just very very dark red) but I'm wondering how it will look against a proper Black Black.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
09-06-2011 11:38pm
griff

Don't worry SW6RR you are not mad. I to have gone with the spirit interior in my coupe with an Ipanema Sand exterior with black roof.

I like the contrasts as well and have also specilied the wood inlay. To me every thing the same is just boring and in the flesh at Earls Court it made my mind up for me especially as the Exspresso was a lot darker than the photos.

You have taste! (not that everyone else does not)

Been told delivery is anticipated mid September but don't have a firm date yet even though order is in.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2011 05:20am by griff.)
10-06-2011 05:17am