Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Possible to change single view screen to Dual view seeing as its not sold in America
BabyRRLover

Possible to change single view screen to Dual view seeing as its not sold in America

Issue: Dual View Screen not Sold in the States.

Discussion: I saw a video of a dualview screen on youtube and it was basically a thin screen attached to the surounding black trim pieces. I think it could be easy to switch the single view screen to a dualview screen as plug and play. Questions I need help answering is

1. Does anyone know if that would be it and it would work.
2. Would I have to install the screen and then re-code the "box" that operates it?
3. Would I need to buy the screen and sister box as a set and that would work.
4. will not work due to it being two totally different systems integrated through the car in different ways.

A big thing for car companies is saving costs which hurts us in ways but also has small benefits. Why create 2 totaly different systems when you can create one main system and change out components and minor software differences. That being said...

In my the BMW X5 35i, you can code the box to unlock alot of options that BMW has programmed in but left "off". for instance. From the remote you can open and close the rear hatch from your remot instead of just open. you can diplay the MPH, digitally, in the dash like the M series. when you lock the door all the windows roll up and unlock all the windows roll down. Play movies while operating the vehicle. Also, other stuff with the headlights and other things.

I really like the idea of the dual view. Im trading in my '11BMW X5 (I know...I've been called crazy more then once already) and I really do not want to buy the evoque then next year they have dual view and it cannot be retro-fitted to an older model. Seeing as its sold everywhere else I'm hoping its just a hardware purchase and recode to get it up and running. I understand most members do not have to deal with this issue and will probably not know but any information as far as what kind of system it is or if it can be communicated with through any laptop and a R232--OBD2 / USB--OBD2 Cable or somthing similar to the X5. Really any information you have on it, throw it in and I can try to sort it out and put it together. Thanks in advance.
05-01-2012 02:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DustinDep

RE: Possible to change single view screen to Dual view seeing as its not sold in America

Are you in the military? and i have the same problem and would be interested in helping you out if u can get part numbers for the unit ill get the prices for u from the UK

(05-01-2012 02:58pm)BabyRRLover Wrote:  Issue: Dual View Screen not Sold in the States.

Discussion: I saw a video of a dualview screen on youtube and it was basically a thin screen attached to the surounding black trim pieces. I think it could be easy to switch the single view screen to a dualview screen as plug and play. Questions I need help answering is

1. Does anyone know if that would be it and it would work.
2. Would I have to install the screen and then re-code the "box" that operates it?
3. Would I need to buy the screen and sister box as a set and that would work.
4. will not work due to it being two totally different systems integrated through the car in different ways.

A big thing for car companies is saving costs which hurts us in ways but also has small benefits. Why create 2 totaly different systems when you can create one main system and change out components and minor software differences. That being said...

In my the BMW X5 35i, you can code the box to unlock alot of options that BMW has programmed in but left "off". for instance. From the remote you can open and close the rear hatch from your remot instead of just open. you can diplay the MPH, digitally, in the dash like the M series. when you lock the door all the windows roll up and unlock all the windows roll down. Play movies while operating the vehicle. Also, other stuff with the headlights and other things.

I really like the idea of the dual view. Im trading in my '11BMW X5 (I know...I've been called crazy more then once already) and I really do not want to buy the evoque then next year they have dual view and it cannot be retro-fitted to an older model. Seeing as its sold everywhere else I'm hoping its just a hardware purchase and recode to get it up and running. I understand most members do not have to deal with this issue and will probably not know but any information as far as what kind of system it is or if it can be communicated with through any laptop and a R232--OBD2 / USB--OBD2 Cable or somthing similar to the X5. Really any information you have on it, throw it in and I can try to sort it out and put it together. Thanks in advance.
23-02-2012 02:01pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply