Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Popped In To The Local Dealers Today
THEMACS

Popped In To The Local Dealers Today

Whilst we were in Liverpool today I popped into the the JLR Dealer, which is our nearest dealer, not the one we ordered from though, just to have a look at the Evoque again as we hadn't seen up close since September and I had started to wonder if it was as nice as I rememberedConfused

Well, I can put my mind at rest, they all looked Fab, well almost all, more of that in a bit!

The main reason was to check on colour again before it was too late! When we got there they had a couple of white ones in the used car section, two dynamics and one pure, the pure had had the black plastic trim bits painted white to look like a dynamic and had the black trim fitted, who were they trying to fool, it looked terrible! I then popped over to where their demos were. I saw an Impena Sand 5 Door dynamic, looked good, and a couple of white Pures. I must say they all looked stunning, even a basic white pure with 18" wheels looked brilliant! But no OGShocked Anyway, as I was driving out one of the sales guys asked if we were ok and I said I just wanted to see an OG, he said they had one out on a test drive that wouldn't be long. Just as we finished talking it pulled upVery Happy It looked absolutely Fantastic, it is such a Fantastic colour and by Far the nicest Evoque they had there, and again it was a Pure with privacy. I know a couple of people have said that it is a bit of a boring colour, but believe me it was anything but boring and to me it was the standout Evoque there and I am not just saying that. Well I am most happy tonight and know that we have picked the Right colourVery Happy

Sorry for the ramblings!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2012 12:41pm by THEMACS.)
11-02-2012 09:20pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
broady43

RE: Popped In To The Local Dealers Today

It is all to do with personal preferance.That is what I like about the Evoque.With all the different colour combinations and huge list of extras you end up with something you have almost created yourself.You may love it but others will not.

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
11-02-2012 09:41pm
Coolbanana

Orkney Grey is a fab choice - it looks good even when dirty as I've discovered in recent days!

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
11-02-2012 10:45pm
Craig_d1

I love the OG, had it. On my quick dabble in the pure I had for a month. Think it works better with the dynamic, as. The contrast with the black grill and silver bumper works very well. Our D4 is Stornaway and my last audia4 was grey too, so that's why going for Firenze, which I think is equally as stunning
12-02-2012 10:23am
cjfp

I think that OG pic is the best example I have seen and it looks great.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
12-02-2012 10:25am
WB
WB

(11-02-2012 09:20pm)THEMACS Wrote:  the pure had had the black bits pained to look like a dynamic and had black trim fitted, who were they trying to fool, it looked terrible!

Laughing ever considered a career in diplomacy? Laughing
12-02-2012 11:04am
THEMACS

(12-02-2012 11:04am)WB Wrote:  Laughing ever considered a career in diplomacy? Laughing

Laughing It wasn't the black trim that looked bad, it was the black plastic trim painted white that looked Naff, and to cap it off, the insert at the bottom of the door, don't know the technical name, was painted blackEmbarrassed

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
12-02-2012 12:39pm
SINGHY

Themacs,

I agree OG is the best colour or should I say my favourite colour as I don't want to offend all those that have ordered any of the other colours (realsied there's some very sensitive souls on this forum). I went to my dealers to see whether they had an OG, out of about 13 evoques all being prep'd for delivery there was 8 fujis, 2 blacks, 2 red and 1 OG, so I think we'll be part of a select group.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
12-02-2012 08:44pm