Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Please help
Redrob

RE: Please help

Have a meeting with the dealers tomorrow, so to be fair to them and give them their chance to rectify this problem, I won't post anymore on this subject pending the outcome of tomorrow's meeting.
Thanks to everyone for your help and suggestions.
Rob.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
24-04-2014 08:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

Good Luck Rob Smile

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
24-04-2014 09:40pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Silver Fox

Hi,Presume that you have got all of the agreed dealer paperwork that confirms your order details etc.,and all of this is dealer incompetence.
Would suggest that it's your turn in the drivers seat with the dealer which should be an enjoyable experience to watch them squirm for non fulfilment of contract etc.,
When you have reached a conclusion of models etc and agreed details then you should conclude with what compensation they are offering you as part of the buggeration factor.
If you can't reach a satisfactory conclusion then ask for a joint meeting with Land Rover.
25-04-2014 04:36am
Redrob

Arrived at the dealers, and was greeted by the Sales manager (with coffee) who then ushered us into the Senior general manager's office for a meeting with them both.
Very impressed with their honesty about the mistakes, and they put their hands up and said "what do you want, to make you leave here,happy"
So we asked for, our current Dynamic Coupe be loaned to us FOC until our new car was delivered, which was agreed.
We then went to the Sales managers office to build our new car, which is as follows...
MY15 5 door Dynamic Lux (yes I know, we've gone for the 5 door)
Fuji White
Black wheels (but not the black pack) dealer has agreed to spray the wheels for a small fee.
Santorini contrast roof
Privacy glass, and all the other toys that come with the Lux.....
This will be delivered end of July as they have an allocation of 2 MY15 cars as demonstrators/display cars, but have decided we can have one of these.
And all of this for less than the original price of the Dynamic Coupe.
I want to praise the dealers for the professional way they handled this complaint.
I would also like to thank Pete and Ian from Land Rover for their help in this matter,
and also to the many people on this Forum, who have replied on the thread and sent PM's.
At the end of the day, we think we have been compensated to our satisfaction, and Land Rover have a happy customer.
Start praying for us, around the end of July
to be continued..........

26-04-2014 10:27am
RacingSnake

Well done on a good outcome for you. Smile

From a personal perspective, I actually have mixed feelings about you kicking up a fuss about ordering a coupe and them building a 5 door, then as you choose a replacement, you pick a 5 door anyway. It kind-of feels like you've played them, and seems pretty rude to me!! (not a personal dig, but on the face of it, that's how it looks!!)

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
26-04-2014 11:57am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redrob

I kinda know what you mean RS, but a more cynical person than me might have thought that trying to pass off an MY13 model as a MY14 model was quite an insult
to us.
At the end of the day, they asked us (when building the new one) if there was anything
we wanted to change having driven the Coupe for 3 months.
Different model, different colour, different spec and the new 2015 model, I would defy
anyone not to take advantage of what they were offering.
It's not as if they will have a problem selling the Dynamic 5 door Orkney Grey, so at the
end of the day, they haven't lost anything.
And they have kept a returning customer, (as we bought our Sport from them) very happy.
But I do see where you are coming from.

26-04-2014 01:41pm
RacingSnake

No absolutely, there is no excuse whatsoever for 2 mess-ups, so maybe they created that rod for their own back! Fingers crossed the new new one doesn't come with any trouble!

26-04-2014 02:21pm
Evo-king

A mistake is a mistake and has to remedied.

What is crucial is that you the customer are satisfied with the outcome, did not get into a protracted debate.

End result is good PR, no public forum slagging off. So often these thing don't end so well.

The fact you ordered a 5 door muddies the water a little, but both parties worked to get an agreement.

RESULT.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
26-04-2014 02:36pm
Silver Fox

Hi,Glad to hear that the matter has been settled and that you are happy with the outcome.
Hope that all goes well towards delivery and that you keep in direct contact with your dealer on a regular basis so that you can be updated and if things start to slip then you need to respond directly to the most senior person that you met during your recent meeting.
Good luck and enjoy.
26-04-2014 06:17pm