Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Payment options
SiT

RE: Payment options

(08-04-2012 10:05pm)smayo Wrote:  It is an odd feeling, borrowing against your mortage for short term lending, and for a lot of people still completely unheard of.

It mostly comes from the likes of Virgins One Account, offset mortgages, or where you are allowed to borrow back any overpayments.
It is a VERY cheap way of borrowing, as long as you are disciplined in paying back the extra borrowing as quickly as possible.

I have such a mortgage and in my example I had 50% deposit on the 40K purchase price. We could have bought the car outright dipping into the overpayments on our mortgage but instead decided it was better keeping the money in the bank (mortgage) keeping the better daily interest rates deducting the mortgage and paying a monthly loan figure over 3 years for the Evoque. Worked out the long term was better keeping all money paying our mortgage in the shortest amount of time as opposed to paying for it in full using more funds. We are quite frugal and don’t have any credit card or loan debt and our other car is paid for and is very cheap to own and run as a second car.
08-04-2012 11:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PigLauncher

RE: Payment options

I should really give this some serious thought but I am inherently lazy when it comes to financial issues.
I should maybe try and move away from my 30 year fixation with car ownership and try something new but I know I probably wont.
I will end up doing the usual. A hefty deposit with 36 monthly payments I know I can afford.

Manual Dynamic, Firenze, Chrome Shadows, Santorini Pano,Verve,Ebony Headliner,Lux Pack, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons.TPMS. June the 20th.
09-04-2012 10:22am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply