Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Paint protection
PhilSkill

RE: Paint protection

I did mine myself in the first couple days and its a great way to focus on every detail of the car, i would never have noticed the flaws in my paintwork if I hadnt looked that closely while waxing.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-12-2011 02:53am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aussievoque

Here in Australia my dealer wants Shocked$3000Shocked for paint and leather protection and says it is "highly recommended" especially as my car is black. I may as well just set fire to a bunch of $100 bills! Then additionally recommends a $1000 electronic rust protection.....

I doubt that any car company sends cars off the production line that then require an additional $3000 process to maintain the paintwork. Isn't that what all that expensive R&D testing Land Rover do supposed to ensure?? I vaguley remember something about simulating desert environment for X amount of days at 120+ degree heat.

Do they doubt their own product? Or, just the intelligence of their customers??

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
17-12-2011 06:02am
Ezandania

Im getting mine FREE (J-Glazed Glasscoating paint treatment) since I 'll be amongst the first twenty Evoques arriving in Brunei....yayyyy!!

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
17-12-2011 06:53am
marktikolo
Banned

This is a bounded aggregation who I'd asked to detail my car afore I best it up. It's about the aforementioned amount as your dealership, about it's a abundant above artefact (Gtechniq) and they do a hell of a lot added than the paintwork (around 8 hours work).
20-12-2011 06:59pm