Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PLEASE HELP!! manual seats in pure + sat nav + ed4 questions
Magic beans

PLEASE HELP!! manual seats in pure + sat nav + ed4 questions

Hi all. I am a member over on the other evoque forum. have had some really useful tips over there and ust wanted to pick the brains over on this side as im stumped on a few issues.

Ok, i ordered a ed4 pure from guy salmon on 19-2-13.
Firenze red, style pack, sensor wipers and lights, xenons, tyre, heated steering wheel, front sensor, park assisst, keyless entry, rear vents and camera thrown in for free.

Since then we were told 'u will get ur build date in the next few dates' and yep...nothing. after the third call today he has said he will email us by saturday as they are having factory issues. i think that means they messed the slot up? i dont know. all i know is im not happy.

however, what it does do is give me a bit more time to mess around with the options. I have opted for the style pack mainly for the electric seats. I have non electrical seats in my civi and its absolutely fine. anyone with manual seats....how do u find them? do u wish ud gone to electrical.

im thinking of scrapping park assisst and seats for sat nav so its a little neater. as a person who is solely using this for school runs and the occasional trip to see family a few times a year i doubt i will really need it but it will be neat and tidy. SWYS looks good - but is it a gimmick again.

or should i scrap a few more options and go upto SD4. the mpg is worse though. why would u want a sd4? might sound like a silly question but how often will i go off road?

im so confused! im going into the dealership on thursday and kind of want to be clued up on everything!!

please help!
05-03-2013 10:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tulabb

RE: PLEASE HELP!! manual seats in pure + sat nav + ed4 questions

I have been driving my ED4 for 4 months and I love it! I added rear camera ( without it I would have scratched the car by now) tech pack/sat nav and folding side mirrors.

I only do a short 10 min drive to work daily and occasional long trips every few weeks. The sat nav is a must...how crap would it look for this sort of car and u stick a Tom Tom on the window lol.

Unless u live in London I don't think park assist is needed and majority if not all the time u will reverse into parking spaces. Also if u park in London car parks the folding mirrors are handy as the spaces are very narrow.

The electric seats in my opinion sound good but when it comes to using them they are slow and all I do is move the seat forward and back when me and my partner swaps driving.

Hope this helps!
05-03-2013 10:31pm
Mark_H

Sorry to hijack the thread but out of interest what MPG do you get from your ed4 ?
05-03-2013 10:52pm
Magic beans

it does tulabb ...thank you. how can i thank you; there is no button?? oh well a real thank you then!

so you think stick with the option heavy ed4 and ditch style pack for tech pack. i agree it just looks tidier plus i have no luck with my satnav staying put.

ok a few more questions if u dont mind....so you have manual seats and find them ok. how are they manual. is it levers or that annoying round thing u have to turn to change the angle you are sitting at?

is the SWYS any good or a silly gimmick?

do you wish you had gone for a sd4?

any extras u wish u had opted for?

thanks!
05-03-2013 10:57pm
Evo-king

SWYS, it's there but I never use it, oddly enough though I do on my Punto!

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-03-2013 11:11pm
Bodlyfunctions

I use the SWYS a fair bit. It is more about getting into the habit and learning the short cuts which you will through use.
The SatNav gets mixed reviews but I like it. Again, it takes time to learn it and where everything is. It is also a learning SatNav. When I first got the car it took me some funny routes, but now it knows my routes and offers sensible options. Bear with it.
As for seats. To recline, yes a knob on the side of the seat. Forward and back is a bar under your knees you lift and for height, an electric motor. I am pretty much the sole driver as wife has her own car so no need for re-adjusting the seat so didn't worry about option there
05-03-2013 11:26pm
The Valeter

If the dealer messes you around too much PM me as I have a very good relationship with my dealer in Edenbridge & I dare say I could get you a better and quicker deal!!

I didn't order the Style Pack because it had the electric seats. Yes nice to have & I had them on the Dynamic but instead of paying £900 for the pleasure of a button to move the seat I spent that on the 825W Meridian HiFi.
The seats also have a mind of their own & often don't go to the setting you preset. The Freelander 2 I was using did the same thing. Not sure if it is a fault/characteristic connected to the easy entry/exit function!

Tech Pack is better then buy what you want from the Style Pack as I did - Xenons, Mirrors, Fogs. Or go for the SD4 Pure Tech as that is a model derriative on it's own & will hold it's value better than an eD4 with lots of options as you can't get a Pure Tech eD4!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2013 12:59am by The Valeter.)
06-03-2013 12:48am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

New car, under a month old, observations: Use SWYS more and more and like it Satnav does appear to be a leap ahead of the 2012 (maybe just a software update) but very usable and accurate and I will not have a car w/o. Power seats... personal and resale question. But the whole Nav unit is worth it, IMHO, as you can order the car to make phone calls, play music and such and it's much safer.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
06-03-2013 01:02am
Magic beans

thank you all for ur input. i agree...i HATE the sound of that manual seat. and reading lots it seems like best bet is to make the car as good for me as i dont intend to see it soon. so maybe best to stick with a car with things i will use more often

thank you all. valeter i will pm u back on the other site Smile
06-03-2013 12:47pm
WB
WB

I've had 2 Pure evoques without electric seats and had use of 2 loan evoques for 2 months (Prestige and Dynamic) so have lived with just about every option available (apart from Rear seat entertainment).

In my view the electric seats are slow and unless you have multiple drivers with very different settings its much quicker to set the manual seats.

The Satnav is MUCH better in the MY13 and I'd recommend it. The SWYS is very good!

The park assist is brilliant in London but probably of little value anywhere other than a big city.

I found the keyless entry a mixed bag - great for convenienve but my wife locked herself out of the car when she put her handbag in the boot with the key in it!

Overall I'd suggest looking at the tech pack as it is a model in its own right with better resale values.

The SD4 isn't just about the 4 wheel drive - you should drive both then decide how much power you want/need.
06-03-2013 12:52pm